• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah it's a case of, if stokes had debuted alongside green and had those numbers sure no argument yeah. but stokes has bolts in the bank that can't be discounted

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And stokes only has two in that same time and is averaging 30 with the bat. Stokes right now isn't the batsmen he was a few years back.
I have real doubts as to whether Stokes is 100% fit as a batsman let alone being able to bowl

halba

International 12th Man
Stokes isn't fit enough to bowl in a test match. Hence green > stokes. Both are included as all rounder position

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes isn't fit enough to bowl in a test match. Hence green > stokes. Both are included as all rounder position
What? If Stokes plays and can't bowl he's not in any all-rounder position.....he's being picked as a batsmen.

I'm not getting into any Stokes V's Green discussion but ffs, Ben Stokes brings his best onto the big stage, it would be extremely niave for anyone to look at his last 12 mths and think he's not a major threat in this Ashes series.

Molehill

International Captain
From an English perspective, I suspect Green may have a decent series. Whilst we have no idea how he'll go in England, he seems to have a pretty straightforward technique and the middle order is the best place to bat. I'd back him to outscore Head anyway. His bowling could be interesting. I'd be amazed if the English batsman didn't target him and try to force him out of the attack, but he seems to have a bit of a knack of picking up wickets. Got a feeling things will happen one way or another when he bowls.

Qlder

International Debutant
His bowling could be interesting. I'd be amazed if the English batsman didn't target him and try to force him out of the attack, but he seems to have a bit of a knack of picking up wickets. Got a feeling things will happen one way or another when he bowls.
Green has only 23 wickets from 20 Tests and right now only has 6 wickets going nearly 10 an over from his 14 IPL games. What is this "bit of a knack of picking up wickets"

Has loads of potential but Green has a part-time bowler record right now

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Green has only 23 wickets from 20 Tests and right now only has 6 wickets going nearly 10 an over from his 14 IPL games. What is this "bit of a knack of picking up wickets"

Depends how you look at his stats. Green's record in AUS is way better than out of AUS in test's with the ball, he just couldn't buy a wicket in the SC when we toured there. In Sena conditions right now he should be a genuine allrounder.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I assume it's from his non-English genes.
Oh it will be because us English aren't that good at fighting - I presume that's what your implying.

I mean we never have any good boxers or never do well in martial arts at world level.

The Aussies on the other hand - well there's too many world champions in the ring to mention ?

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
All coming apart for England. On the back of Smith making runs, Marnus tons up again and Robinson now has an injury. My already conservative 4-0 to Aus prediction looking very good value now. This one really is done
Only 4 nil to the Aussies mate - you're losing your grip - or are you leaving your sandpaper at home for one test. ?

Molehill

International Captain

It'll be the 13 wickets at 16 he took in the last Ashes. But pleasing to hear he's only managed 10 wickets in the other 15 Tests. If that version turns up this time then he's of no more use with the ball than Stokes, perhaps less.

halba

International 12th Man
Sick Bench - Ashes

England

Robinson- Ankle
Stone- Hamstring
Archer- entirely out- elbow
Anderson- Groin
Stokes- knee soreness- bowling restricted.

Aus

Hazlewood -side strain.

Aus advantage in this department. lol.

Qlder

International Debutant
Sick Bench - Ashes

England

Robinson- Ankle
Stone- Hamstring
Archer- entirely out- elbow
Anderson- Groin
Stokes- knee soreness- bowling restricted.

Aus

Hazlewood -side strain.

Aus advantage in this department. lol.
What about rust where these haven't played a game in any format since at least March:

England
Nil

Australia
khawaja
Head
Carey
Inglis
Cummins
Starc
Boland
Lyon
Murphy

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What about rust where these bowlers haven't played a game in any format since at least March:

England
Nil

Australia
Cummins
Starc
Boland
Lyon
Murphy
Cummins, starc and lyon should ideally play the WTC final, same with boland if hazlewood isn't fit + any warm up games.