• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Redmond isn't good enough, Cumming might be capable though. Would hardly star but could prove solid.

Anyone got any idea when Franklin's fit? Probably not for a while I suppose.
Yeah you are right I was just reviewing his innings record for NZ on cricinfo. I was just thinking of his recent ODI innings and the fact his leg spin might be quite handy for 4-5 overs a day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McIntosh: 0(1) 31(136) 4(21) 2(4) = 37 runs at 9.25
Guptill: 60(142) 0(4) 0(4) 15(52) = 75 runs at 18.75
Flynn: 8(14) 0(4) 29(74) 20(39) = 57 runs at 14.25
Taylor: 94(174) 59(83) 30(40) 81*(107) = 264 runs at 88
Fulton: 29(73) 0(8) 0(2) 13(55) = 44 runs at 11
Elliott: 8(33) 25(101) 20(54) 6(19) = 59 runs at 14.75

Love Taylor

Less love for the others though
Updated, feeling even more love for Taylor and less for the other useless &*#$%@s. I was fooling myself into believing that one of Fulton or Elliott would do something and push their series average beyond the monumental figure of 20. But no. Guptill clearly a gun averaging over 15 :dry:.

Chopping block order is up for debate. IMO it is:
Fulton - Average 11, seems to have no idea and the middle order spot is the easiest to replace.
McIntosh - Average less than 10, but who to replace him with?
Flynn - Remains for the third test because we can't replace everyone. In the end scored many more runs than McIntosh.
Elliott - Hides anonymously down at 6 and is probably safe right now.

On the other hand Taylor WAG WAG WAG. He IS our top order... in fact if he scores 9 more runs this innings he will have outscored the other 5 batsmen combined :laugh::blink:.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Updated, feeling even more love for Taylor and less for the other useless &*#$%@s. I was fooling myself into believing that one of Fulton or Elliott would do something and push their series average beyond the monumental figure of 20. But no. Guptill clearly a gun averaging over 15 :dry:.

Chopping block order is up for debate. IMO it is:
Fulton - Average 11, seems to have no idea and the middle order spot is the easiest to replace.
McIntosh - Average less than 10, but who to replace him with?
Flynn - Remains for the third test because we can't replace everyone. In the end scored many more runs than McIntosh.
Elliott - Hides anonymously down at 6 and is probably safe right now.

On the other hand Taylor WAG WAG WAG. He IS our top order... in fact if he scores 9 more runs this innings he will have outscored the other 5 batsmen combined :laugh::blink:.
How many NZ batsman in the top 6 currently would make the Bangladesh team?

Besides Taylor, everyone else would struggle to make it, I mean even the under performing Ashraful looks a little more steady. I reckon someone like Sinclair has been dropped because he's averaging low 30s, which wasn't seen good enough when you had Astle, Fleming, McMillan, Richardson, Oram etc. But now low 30s would be pretty handy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor call from Rudi there. Glad New Zealand had an appeal left. West Indies would probably have used theirs up on plumb calls and not have one left for that.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
So Rudi makes a complete arse of a decision and the NZ team have to use up one of their appeals. Bummer.

Taylor has gone pretty defensive - nervous 90's, Will he he do a Fleming?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How many NZ batsman in the top 6 currently would make the Bangladesh team?

Besides Taylor, everyone else would struggle to make it, I mean even the under performing Ashraful looks a little more steady. I reckon someone like Sinclair has been dropped because he's averaging low 30s, which wasn't seen good enough when you had Astle, Fleming, McMillan, Richardson, Oram etc. But now low 30s would be pretty handy.
Hrmmm, Guptill on potential and Flynn because he still has an average of 30 in tests. McIntosh and Fulton probably not. Elliott maybe on the back of ODI form.

Obviously there's Ryder as well.

Sinclair's test average is hugely skewed by his double hundreds and a couple of other big scores - he was awful against England last year and would probably still have the same mental block, just like Fulton.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, he's done it - Taylor > Guptill, McIntosh, Flynn, Fulton & Elliott combined :unsure:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup, haha backyard cricket at a park? I normally work Sundays, pulled a sicky today ;)
Nah - its actually at the abandoned school; not quite the park itself. It will be epic. Petone's a great place. The home soon to be ex-home of Iain O'Brien. Sob.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, so used to NZ'ders getting out in the 90s lately, I was just resigned to the fact Taylor would get out then