• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Flem274*

123/5
Next time we bowl we need to wipe the floor with Pakistan. No letting the openers get to 60/0 or the tail escape.

We also need Vettori/McCullum again. :(

Athlai

Not Terrible
Next time we bowl we need to wipe the floor with Pakistan. No letting the openers get to 60/0 or the tail escape.

We also need Vettori/McCullum again. :(
Probably let them get away with 50 more runs than we really should have. Still a long way to go in this match though.

Flem274*

123/5
So who is our next number 5? No idea when Ryder will be back so maybe Broomster will actually get his chance. The fact it will be in Napier makes it all a bit easier.
Broom did score his 196* against an attack that included Seth Rance and Noema-Barnett at Napier with Thompson the only bowler of note.

Half our team is players I'm not keen on but we can hardly chuck in several debutants and we'll end in the poo all the same.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The Peter Fulton up to the end of 07 moved his feet enough. He's never had huge foot movement but it was better than it is now.
Exactly - can only be lazyness on this front.

He clearly has one more chance to score runs in the second innings and if he doesn't will probably be committed to the Sinclair rubbish-bin forever.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Broom did score his 196* against an attack that included Seth Rance and Noema-Barnett at Napier with Thompson the only bowler of note.

Half our team is players I'm not keen on but we can hardly chuck in several debutants and we'll end in the poo all the same.
No point in constantly sending out Fulton if he is feeling that low on confidence IMO. Everyone else is retired or injured. Skippy will be in for a shot no doubt. At least he'd be scoring like 20 before he got out

Flem274*

123/5
How was it poor judgement?

What youre saying is that he now has to play at balls that pitch 6inches outside off stump. If that wicket delivery seams away, youll be saying that he shouldnt be playing that wide and it was poor judgement.

It was a fantastic ball and Ross taylor could do NOTHING about his dismissal
I was being harsh. It would have been nice for him to pick the in-seamer but it was a very good delivery, as I said.

ret

International Debutant
Both the teams have sitting ducks in their line ups for this series. From a batting PoV, I look at this as Umer, MoYo and Kamran VS Taylor, McCullum and Vettori. Whatever the others get is a bonus

NZ 57/4 .... I reckon they could still squeeze a lead but they would be batting last so ithis has the potential to go down to the wire!

Flem274*

123/5
No point in constantly sending out Fulton if he is feeling that low on confidence IMO. Everyone else is retired or injured. Skippy will be in for a shot no doubt. At least he'd be scoring like 20 before he got out
The only thing I'm really not keen on is any of McIntosh, Flynn, Fulton, Elliott being carried to the Bangladesh test if they continue to fail.

Because you know what will happen.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Both the teams have sitting ducks in their line ups for this series. From a batting PoV, I look at this as Umer, MoYo and Kamran VS Taylor, McCullum and Vettori. Whatever the others get is a bonus

NZ 57/4 .... I reckon they could still squeeze a lead but they would be batting last so ithis has the potential to go down to the wire!
Great avatar

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, Sinclair's obviously had his problems converting domestic brilliance into consistent Test performances too, but at least you have to actually bowl a vaguely good ball to get him out. The first sign of an outswinger starting on or just outside off usually sends him packing at Test level, but that's harder to achieve than the easy way to get Fulton out - bowl a straight half volley at above 125km/hr...

Broom's probably who they'll pick, though.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The only thing I'm really not keen on is any of McIntosh, Flynn, Fulton, Elliott being carried to the Bangladesh test if they continue to fail.

Because you know what will happen.
I like Flynn tbh. He values his wicket, same with McIntosh (though to a lesser extent since he seems to play the ball so poorly).

Fulton probably has to go.

Elliott - well hes out there now so we'll see.

On a brighter note, that babe of a physio for NZ's name is Kate.

Flem274*

123/5
I like Flynn tbh. He values his wicket, same with McIntosh (though to a lesser extent since he seems to play the ball so poorly).

Flynn throws his wicket away when he reaches 40 and McIntosh is McIntosh.

I don't really know who should be picked tbh, everyone has many pros and cons.

DingDong

State Captain
its too soon to be changing this team around. they need to play the whole series before we think about replacements ok.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

I like the way Flynn applies himself - it's just that he just seems so vulnerable particularly to catches behind the wicket. Even when he does stay in for a while his innings tend to be littered with this:

Umar Gul to Flynn, FOUR, short of a length, opened the face on it at the right time though he wasn't in control of that shot entirely, gets it between the slips and gully to the third-man boundary
and

Umar Gul to Flynn, no run, edged, just a hint of movement after landing shortish outside off, tries to play it from the crease, gets a thick edge short of second slip

Howsie

International Captain
First of :laugh: Fulton. One of the worst test batsmen we've ever produced, probably one of the worst in the history of test cricket.

Anyway loving Cricinfo at the moment:

Loving cricinfo right now:

"I'd like to point out that despite his many failures, Sinclair's record still blows away McIntosh, How, Flynn, Redmond etc both at test and first class level. Tests 1595 runs at 32.5 and 1st class 11150 at over 48. It's a shame NZ's selection policies cost him his confidence at the top as he was a class player. Not suggesting he should be brought back, but surely NZ shouldn't go down the same road of discarding quality players because they're out of form, then picking them again as they're up against it. Great way to undermine a players sense of ability.That said you still have to ask whether McIntosh is really up to test cricket."
"While their is a concern about the Kiwi top order, have a look at their cricket domestically. No one is putting their hand up to take their place aside from the same old names that have been tried and tried again. My concern is more about their bowlers. Martin 34 Tuffey 31 O'Brien 33 Vettori 30 (and Bond 34). Put that against Australia now: Bollinger 28 Siddle 25 Johnson 28 Hauritz 28 and Hilfenhaus 26. There's a 20yo bowler in Tim Southee who recently took 8-27 in the Plunket Shield. No reason for him not to be playing right now in place of any of the three 2nd Test quicks."
Spot on, get these guys here.

Last edited: