• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Umpires declared it fit to start but Vettori not happy with conditions. Looks like the toss and start will be delayed.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like they won't be any play before lunch. Area of concern is too soft, its is cold and apparently according to Rudi it won't get any better anytime soon, hence why the umpires wanted to start.

Polo23

International Debutant
The umpires obviously felt it was safe enough to start, they should have just told the captains the decision was final and to deal with it. Soft umpires.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn damn... surely there's some contraption they can get to dry the runups out faster. Helicopter anyone?

Howsie

International Captain
If Arnel and Southee weren't from ND you wouldn't care, be honest. :p

O'Brien was our best seamer last year, he got in the top wicket takers list of 08iirc. He deserves a good run.
No, I wouldn't care tbh, Arnel just deserves a shot.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah. I guess it was before you were here, but there was this guy (Leslie21?) who used to rattle on about how ND's players should be in the test team ahead of anyone and also he'd go on and on and on about how great Cameron Merchant was going to be for Northern.

:ph34r:

Howsie

International Captain
Ah. I guess it was before you were here, but there was this guy (Leslie21?) who used to rattle on about how ND's players should be in the test team ahead of anyone and also he'd go on and on and on about how great Cameron Merchant was going to be for Northern.

:ph34r:
Sounds like a top bloke :p

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I got confused. Radio Sport are doing extensive coverage from all the games so then went to Otago where Wagner was bowling and then to another game and some guy called Erasmus, sounds like a Saffer was bowling and an Aussie was batting.
Hrmmm... how did you manage to get NZ radiosport? It used to work for me outside of NZ but it doesn't seem to these days.

AaronK

State Regular
haha Farhat ratained for Fawad's expanse..

NZ playing with 12 players here.. Farhat would be droping catches left and right

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just as well they won the toss because I wouldn't back them to clear 150 in these conditions with the way Asif, Aamer and Gul are all bowling at the moment.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Uggghhh. Tuffee bowling wide long hops at 125 kmh. Why exactly was he rushed back into the test side after only 1 poor FC performance and a couple of mediocre performances for the ODI side?

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I always feel like Vettori is being a tad defensive not having a short leg in for Martin. He's got a good bouncer, and on a pitch like this it could prove quite useful.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised at how slowly Tuffey started - mid 120s outside offstump didn't really trouble the Pakistani batsmen early, and Martin and O'Brien have generally been well played by Salman and Farhat so far.