• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid out. I will refrain from commenting much here as I'm not watching the match so can't draw many conclusions, but the first thing that comes to my mind is if India continue to bat like this in this series, I can't see Australian fans having too many sleepness nights in the leadup to Boxing Day.
Laxman>Australia. :cool:

Fiery

Banned
Kumble has led the side quite well despite the fact the real leader of the side has just got out, has put his feet up and will put the gloves on soon

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Another miserable display from the so called "world class" Indian batsmen.

Mumbai 2006, Durban, Cape Town 2006, Bangalore 2005, Karachi 2006 - whenever the pitch is not flat and there is some pressure they invariably fall flat on their faces.

Tendulkar - when has the guy really produced an innings of quality when India needed him
Ganguly - good only against mediocre bowling - any kind of decent pace attack or when the heat's on he flops.ANd yet we see the clamour from the masses for "Our Dada" .....guy's massively overrated as a test batsman.
Jaffer - Send the guy back to Ranji - he aint cut out for this level.

biased indian

International Coach

Mumbai 2006, Durban, Cape Town 2006, Bangalore 2005, Karachi 2006 - whenever the pitch is not flat and there is some pressure they invariably fall flat on their faces.

Tendulkar - when has the guy really produced an innings of quality when India needed him
Ganguly - good only against mediocre bowling - any kind of decent pace attack or when the heat's on he flops.ANd yet we see the clamour from the masses for "Our Dada" .....guy's massively overrated as a test batsman.
:laugh:

adharcric

International Coach

Classic. :lol:

adharcric

International Coach
It's bit a bit of a mixed bag really. He has definitely got some movement today but only in one direction and only at 115-122km/h which is Ganguly's pace. At times he has looked really dangerous but at times he has looked complete fodder. I think he'll be "figured out" eventually but he might enjoy a honeymoon period before that. He needs to develop a ball which at least doesn't have move across so much, even if it doesn't come back.
Yep, he'll definitely get figured out unless he adds to his repertoire. He came back pretty well after a poor start today but he didn't exactly get those wickets with superb deliveries.

biased indian

International Coach
it was india who was thinking of cleaning up the tail in the morning today,,,,

it will be pakistan with the same thought tommorrow....

think if we can get a lead of 50-60 will be a big adavantage on this track....

Salamuddin

International Debutant
what was the result of the last test series played by india..

if i remeber it was a away series as well rite ????

I honeslty think people overrate how good India's win in England was.
1) India's batsmen had to face a 2nd string England bowling attack.
2) India would have lost at Lords were it not for rain
3) The pitch at the Oval was extremely flat and I think India probably had the better of the conditions at Trent Bridge.

Let's look at it very openly and honestly - was a decent effort to win at Trent Bridge but the 1-0 score papered over cracks that have been there for a while now.

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I want PAKISTAN to bowl INDIA out tomorrow for at least 40 runs and then put a massive total arround 300 then We're top of the game
this test reminds me of the KARACHI test, Pakistan 39/6 and then wht a come back that was ,wonderful victory and that without Inzy luved it!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
I want PAKISTAN to bowl INDIA out tomorrow for at least 40 runs and then put a massive total arround 300 then We're top of the game
this test reminds me of the KARACHI test, Pakistan 39/6 and then wht a come back that was ,wonderful victory and that without Inzy luved it!!!
We had Asif in that game overhear we have the lethal Sami.

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We had Asif in that game overhear we have the lethal Sami.
sami was bowling really well yaar.....he was just unlucky that he didnt get any wkt....well we're so unlucky that we dont have Asif and Umar Gul both right now
Shoaib Asif and Umar Gul ----> AAG ATTACK
but still Sohail Tanvir isnt bad either, Sami needs some luck and Dani makes sure he get some more wktz next time

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So, our goal should be to get a lead of around 75? There is not much batting after these guys, but if VVS can get 30 more and we get some good lower order hitting, we can get a score around 300.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I despise this sentiment about how the series is 'finally' alive. It's only two days old! In any case:
Jono said:
Kumble, Zaheer and Harbhajan is actually quite a good tail.
It's not good, but its not horrible so thats why I said 75 runs should be the target. That's an average of about 15 for the tail and thats certainly respectable.