• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Feeling the urge to bowl again with just under half the match remaining in order to bowl a side out strikes me as particularly panicky and unnecessary. Especially so if you consider their top order to be 'fragile'. You think it usually takes 7 sessions to bowl a side out in the second innings?

How negative.
How are the 2 even remotely comparable. Such a facetious analogy. When you have the chance you look to wrap the game up as quickly as possible as there's no prize for taking the game deep other than to pad some stats like in this innings. If a lead of almost 400 isn't enough to put the other team in then its hard to think of what is. England may still win but it won't vindicate what happened for me.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These two are just incredible run-machines. I know these are "easy" runs, but still...

Compton

International Debutant
Pakistan's bowlers won't quickly forget this flogging. Mentally it's got to get to you after a while.

vcs

Pakistan's bowlers won't quickly forget this flogging. Mentally it's got to get to you after a while.
Yeah, this has got to hurt them psychologically. Fair play to England, they've justified the decision to bat again, looking at the way they're going about this. Someone used the term "mental disintegration", spot on.

morgieb

Weird time to declare, I would've waited another 20 minutes. I suppose though the bowling was getting to 'give up' levels though so in that sense it's OK.

Howe_zat

Audio File
These two are just incredible run-machines. I know these are "easy" runs, but still...
Hard to think of many that'd be easier, but I daresay these two deserve it after having been relied on for all the hard runs against Pakistan in the winter.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
None but you don't know in advance if play may be lost. Plus it's a bonus if you get extra time off, its not like English were in any danger.

91Jmay

International Coach
Damn, the conversion rate stats aren't going to be helped (clearly the most important thing). Another 30 mins would probably have got them both their tons but can't say I'm disappointed. 180+ overs is fine amount really.