• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel sorry for the Pakistan fans but i am glad this wretched summer is over.

Can't wait to watch the Aussies lose in India in there warm up to the ashes.

smash84

The Tiger King
Thank You

Congratulations England.

I can't help but echo some of the sentiments voiced above by my compatriots.

And I, like a lot of other Pakistanis, am really thankful to the ECB for providing us with such a wonderful summer of cricket. Barring the controversies off the field I believe this was some of the best cricket Pakistan team has played since the time the 2 Ws retired.

Thanking you once again England and Australia.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Hats off to the Pakistan fans here, great comments.

Subject to the obvious caveats I love watching this Pakistan team play. Their bowling this summer has been excellent. Amir and Asif looked outstanding before their unfortunate departure, but I've also really enjoyed watching Ajmal, Riaz and Gul bowl too. Some really likeable, and seriously talented, cricketers.

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Oh....watch me celebrate it like my birthday once we thrash England at Rose Bowl....we might lose as well but you better pray hard for that...cuz I will be overloading CW if we win.
Hahaha. I do apologise for my own rash comments by the way, i was quite comically angry, apparantly. But it seems your confidence was misplaced. Unlucky there. This happened on the same day as me team beat the Chelsea in the League Cup as well. Woo.

Still think that series should have been stopped but at least we can attempt to focus on the Ashes now. Can't wait for the action! :)

Woodster

International Captain
Hats off to the Pakistan fans here, great comments.

Subject to the obvious caveats I love watching this Pakistan team play. Their bowling this summer has been excellent. Amir and Asif looked outstanding before their unfortunate departure, but I've also really enjoyed watching Ajmal, Riaz and Gul bowl too. Some really likeable, and seriously talented, cricketers.
Agree with this mate, fair play to the Pakistan fans, woefully let down by their idols (allegedly).

Amir and Asif found conditions very much to their liking, and exploited them expertly. Amir a real prospect, while Asif's lack of pace hindered him not a bit as he regularly hit the seam and had impeccable accuracy. Let's hope these claims turn out to be untrue!

Gul and Shoaib showed their worth in ODI cricket, a real handful at all stages during the 50 overs. Real wicket-taking options, which is vital to a top ODI side.

Jacknife

International Captain
I agree that the Pakistan fans on here are first rate,but I've got to say that, after reading the comments on the well known Pakistan forum I was left in some what disbelief, at the hate addressed to England fans,the ECB and English people in general,I left wondering, are they reading and watching the same things as me.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I have never found myself this short on words to explain my over all feelings about a series.

But..

It started out in a way where i felt that ECB was like an estranged brother of Pak Cricket. It gave us the grounds with lush outfields to play neutral tests. It gave us the respect, crowd and facilities. It gave us the conditions where our bowlers conquered new grounds and became renewed icons in the eyes of millions of Pak fans. The English fans supported us against Australia, and there was no better feeling then that. We had found a friend and an ally in these horrifying times. And still i am short on words about how to thank England and its people for what they provided us with.

As far as my posts were about the action on the ground, they were just emotionally driven and specific to the game on the field it self and bore no personal attack on any English poster or cricketer or ECB itself. You will find a lot of people who will do mudslinging towards UK, but the day (if any) NZ pulls out of a series like that or ECB denies Pak team there venues for neutral games, and Pak has to play tests in the heat and high UVs of UAE... only then those people and morons like Ijaz Butt would realize what it meant to have a home away from home...like England.

The obvious can't be denied however, for any Pak fan. Its like watching your own kid betraying you and taking off with a stranger to Las Vegas. Mohammad Amir was one of the brightest stars that Pakistan produced. He was bound to be the next great and his involvement in such things has shattered many hearts in Pakistan. Being a cricket fan, this should be somewhat understandable to all of us here.

Overall this series has been a mix of love hate relationship with cricket itself for me but i must admit that the series ended on a high note for me. In the tears of sorrow, i did smile when Akhtar bowled some pacy yorkers, or when Gul shattered Broad's stumps. Akhtar and Gul to an extent made me forget about Amir and Asif...

Now, i can only hope and pray that that day does not come when, i go on to cricinfo and find a headline of something devastatingly big for Pak Cricket. I can only hope and pray that PCB management gets sacked and the new people are at least half more honest to cricket then the current. I just hope that we don't get isolated and become another Zimbabwe...but if we do, it will be our own people who would choke our cricket to death and no one else, it will be Ijaz Butt. From SL team attacks to now, this man has poisoned our cricket to great depths and will take a long time for us to get back up again. But we will Inshallah.

And i must say... Thank you England....( All the fuss over spot fixing,... it may just be a blessing in disguise for us...so thanks for that heads up too)

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I agree that the Pakistan fans on here are first rate,but I've got to say that, after reading the comments on the well known Pakistan forum I was left in some what disbelief, at the hate addressed to England fans,the ECB and English people in general,I left wondering, are they reading and watching the same things as me.
Agreed.

For some reason there has been a lot of denial over these allegations in Pakistan. I have been outside of Pakistan for the past 2 months so I can't really understand why this has been the case. I will get back in December so might be able to figure out the real reasons then.

I guess it is hard for people to accept that after a long time (almost a decade after the 2Ws) when we finally had a bowling attack to beat the world the English media stepped in and spoiled the party. I personally thought it was an excellent piece of under cover journalism. One of the best ever. And so the conspiracy stories abound that nobody wants to see us at the top.

Faisal1985

Hahaha. I do apologise for my own rash comments by the way, i was quite comically angry, apparantly. But it seems your confidence was misplaced. Unlucky there. This happened on the same day as me team beat the Chelsea in the League Cup as well. Woo.

Still think that series should have been stopped but at least we can attempt to focus on the Ashes now. Can't wait for the action! :)
No worries buddy....I didn't mean to attack anyone personally either..if i did..my apologies...

smash84

The Tiger King
I have never found myself this short on words to explain my over all feelings about a series.

But..

It started out in a way where i felt that ECB was like an estranged brother of Pak Cricket. It gave us the grounds with lush outfields to play neutral tests. It gave us the respect, crowd and facilities. It gave us the conditions where our bowlers conquered new grounds and became renewed icons in the eyes of millions of Pak fans. The English fans supported us against Australia, and there was no better feeling then that. We had found a friend and an ally in these horrifying times. And still i am short on words about how to thank England and its people for what they provided us with.

And i must say... Thank you England....( All the fuss over spot fixing,... it may just be a blessing in disguise for us)

You voice my sentiments too Faisal. This is quite embarrassing really. Peope not distinguishing between the ECB and the English media. And also quite ungrateful on our part. England have been gracious hosts. How many of us Pakistanis would have gone out to see a neutral test match had it been held in Lahore or Karachi?

I really feel quite embarrassed by all this "the world is against us" theories. Cricketers were caught on VIDEO accepting money for something. Now that is serious stuff. Did anyone read Salman Butt's interview on cricinfo after the Lord's test match? Not once did Salman Butt deny that he is not involved. I am not saying yet that these guys have been involved in match fixing BUT the evidence so far is quite damning. Our management would do well to get to the bottom of things before issuing out stupid statements.

God when will this nightmare (Ijaz Butt) end?

Faisal1985

You voice my sentiments too Faisal. This is quite embarrassing really. Peope not distinguishing between the ECB and the English media. And also quite ungrateful on our part. England have been gracious hosts. How many of us Pakistanis would have gone out to see a neutral test match had it been held in Lahore or Karachi?

I really feel quite embarrassed by all this "the world is against us" theories. Cricketers were caught on VIDEO accepting money for something. Now that is serious stuff. Did anyone read Salman Butt's interview on cricinfo after the Lord's test match? Not once did Salman Butt deny that he is not involved. I am not saying yet that these guys have been involved in match fixing BUT the evidence so far is quite damning. Our management would do well to get to the bottom of things before issuing out stupid statements.

God when will this nightmare (Ijaz Butt) end?
We don't go to see any test match buddy..rarely you will see a solid crowd for a test in Pak. At the time SL team toured Pak in a bid to return the favor when no one was coming there next to no supporters to show there gratefulness to SL team...

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
+1 to the sentiment that the Pakistan fans here are fantastic and very gracious. Such a shame that they haven't got the cricket administration that they deserve.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

But..

As far as my posts were about the action on the ground, they were just emotionally driven and specific to the game on the field it self and bore no personal attack on any English poster or cricketer or ECB itself. You will find a lot of people who will do mudslinging towards UK, but the day (if any) NZ pulls out of a series like that or ECB denies Pak team there venues for neutral games, and Pak has to play tests in the heat and high UVs of UAE... only then those people and morons like Ijaz Butt would realize what it meant to have a home away from home...like England.

The obvious can't be denied however, for any Pak fan. Its like watching your own kid betraying you and taking off with a stranger to Las Vegas. Mohammad Amir was one of the brightest stars that Pakistan produced. He was bound to be the next great and his involvement in such things has shattered many hearts in Pakistan. Being a cricket fan, this should be somewhat understandable to all of us here.

Overall this series has been a mix of love hate relationship with cricket itself for me but i must admit that the series ended on a high note for me. In the tears of sorrow, i did smile when Akhtar bowled some pacy yorkers, or when Gul shattered Broad's stumps. Akhtar and Gul to an extent made me forget about Amir and Asif...

Now, i can only hope and pray that that day does not come when, i go on to cricinfo and find a headline of something devastatingly big for Pak Cricket. I can only hope and pray that PCB management gets sacked and the new people are at least half more honest to cricket then the current. I just hope that we don't get isolated and become another Zimbabwe...but if we do, it will be our own people who would choke our cricket to death and no one else, it will be Ijaz Butt. From SL team attacks to now, this man has poisoned our cricket to great depths and will take a long time for us to get back up again. But we will Inshallah.

And i must say... Thank you England....( All the fuss over spot fixing,... it may just be a blessing in disguise for us...so thanks for that heads up too)
Great post Faisal :)

Your passion for your team is almost unmatched round these parts and the likes of yourself deserve better.