• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This whole "a Pakistnai should have got a ton" goes against everything every batsmen there has said. Sure its not a 127 wicket but you're never in on this wicket. Butt got a good ball (sure didnt play it well), so did Akmal. Yousuf played a bad shot as did Farhat but still.
Watch the Australians get big tons now and Pakistan fold for 150 in the second innings!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Doesn't matter what you look like if you have 3000 FC runs @ 58 as an opener tbh.
Yeah, especially when you've done it in the Sheffield Shield. Hughes has always looked weird and more than likely always will, but it doesn't really matter if he keeps piling on the runs. You need to actually see him score runs in form to believe it I suppose but that technique works for him. It's easy to fall into the trap of looking at how ridiculously bad he looks whenever he gets out, but if you score your runs in a really unorthodox manner you're going to get out in an unorthodox manner too - as long as you're scoring the runs it's fine.

Personally I can't stand watching the guy bat but he's a quality bat already and he has a huge scope for improvement given he only just turned 21.

AaronK

State Regular
He's not 21.

Really, I was just very impressed that Hughes was having such a tough time out there and didn't do anything rash. There's a lot of deliveries he would have been tempted to smash through the off side but he played everything on its merits, which is usually a skill batsmen learn later on in their careers.

He'll probably go and get caught behind trying to cut something over leg stump first ball after lunch now, but it was still a good effort.
i don't like their kind.. i like those once that fight like a man and aggrassive.. likes of U. Akmal.. aggression agression..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Isnt awesome? After everything we've been through in those dark days defending him vs bogans and idiots everywhere to finally have them shut up once and for all. What a man.
Haha yeah, we should unban Midnight IMO. Think I remember him saying something about Watson having no chance of scoring a Boxing Day Test hundred or something too, so I reckon Rauf will be getting an angry letter or two...