• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
jamal and the rizzler to put on a triple ton partnership taking them to a legendary win
They're gonna need a miracle innings to make up for the stupidity.

So very sad, but so very Pakistan. Shafique is obviously completely done in the head, but it was indescribably irresponsible not to leave that.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Fifteen wickets today. Been a **** performance all round with the bat.

Seems to be a good time for collapses given what the SA-India test ended up like.

King Kane

International Debutant
At least Pakistan made it through to stumps without losing any more wickets in the last over.

A disastrous last session for them, they need Rizwan and the tail to bat for another session tomorrow and get the lead to at least 150 to be a chance.

Justo

U19 Debutant
Is anyone else a bit worried despite the result this series? I just don't feel very confident in this side right now despite the whitewash.

Marnus has been scratchy for a prolonged period, Smith looks the worst he's looked in ages, head has had a dreadful series, and starc is the second best bowler in the side despite bowling both sides of the wicket regularly this series. As bad as Warner's been for a while, he's a major reason where up in this series and hes done after this game, and the replacements are so bad where talking about making green, marnus or Smith to open. We've also got to replace usman in the near future.
While our long term batting looks dire I'm more worried about the bowling. In two years all of Lyon, Starc and Hazlewood could be gone given how quickly pace bowlers can decline or succumb to injury. Neser and Boland while great backups are the same age as Starc and Hazlewood and out of the younger bowlers we've only given Jye Richardson a crack. While I believe Jye is definitely up for Test cricket who knows if his body can make it. There's definitely some good spin and pace options but given the Shield decks of the last few seasons I don't know if the pace options will be up to scratch on the genuinely flat tracks that seem to be rarer these days.

For the batting Warner's retirement isn't that much of a concern in Tests IMO. I believe that Bancroft or Renshaw can at least match his output of the last few years (average at least 30ish) and both are potentially better overseas in certain conditions. Khawaja has been our leading run scorer in the last two away series and was actually not that great in the last home summer either so his poor output is not too big a concern. I suspect he'll be around for at least 1 more year given his small career compared to the likes of Warner and Smith.

Marnus is a concern in that potentially he's just had a peak/golden run but he's also at an age where he can refocus and adjust his game and still have a good run. That he was able to make all of those runs means he's at least got the capability. Smith hasn't been getting blown away for single digit scores and while his output is definitely down I think he'll be able to come back at some point (hopefully sooner than later). Head has had a bad run but it's also partly what you get with his style of play and he did way better overseas last year than I thought he would. Personally I think Marnus, Smith and Head could do with a genuine break away from international cricket. Even with their success last year was a brutal schedule.

Marsh coming good is overall a bonus, at least Green is always an option for one of the others positions if needed with that.