• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Victor Ian

International Coach
Isn't he only due a 25‰ fine for wearing an unnaproved thing? There was no mention of banning a player if that previous post is accurate.

Qlder

International Debutant
His first attempt at 'all lives matters' shoes apparently ICC said he would not be allowed to take the field if he wore them?

Sanctions are clear though, only a 25% match fee ban to wear anything he wants as 2nd offence, unless ICC can block him before game?

Makes sanctions pointless if he can then do a 3rd and 4th time for 50% and 75% match fee and then nothing written for 5th offense

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why not just allow it though? They've allowed, even encouraged human rights-related protests recently. Remember the kneeling before every game?

Maybe I'm missing something (probably am) but I don't see why this is so different
I am saying that should be banned too. You either ban everything or you let these things go. You cant let some and not others.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There should be a blanket ban on all political statements, symbols and gestures.

We can start by banning the BCCI until they fire the political nepo baby who held the WC Final in a stadium named after his politician Dad's mate and the PM of India.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean... wouldn't the sajdah be banned under a blanket black-and-white approach? That's not going to fly for a moment with Pakistan, for example. Some reason and flexibility has to be employed here.

Sunil1z

International Regular
There should be a blanket ban on all political statements, symbols and gestures.

We can start by banning the BCCI until they fire the political nepo baby who held the WC Final in a stadium named after his politician Dad's mate and the PM of India.
Would you also ban CA’s PM XI team ? 🤣

Socerer 01

International Captain
If we expand the definition of "political" enough almost anything would be banned. Every country's national symbol on their uniforms to start with
yeah this is classic “politics and sports should stay separate” dialogue from some individuals here while there is a century of history across multiple sports that it always is interconnected

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah this is classic “politics and sports should stay separate” dialogue from some individuals here while there is a century of history across multiple sports that it always is interconnected
It's always a case of "politics and sport is fine until someone makes a statement I don't agree with, then it should be stopped"

I don't get why ICC is anti-Palestine though. I know very little on the geo-politics of it all but are India and Israel buddies or something

Qlder

International Debutant
Hazlewood has caught Cummins on 242 wkts, so race is on for 250

I'm picking Cummins to do it this Test as he's due for a haul after only taking 6 wkts in last 3 Tests (Hazlewood has taken 12)

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Pakistan have gone with four pace bowlers but omitted their fastest and gone with all fast-medium. Makes sense.