• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

ImpatientLime

International Regular
They obviously have no problem appreciating Smith now..had he been an overseas player, it would have been a different conversation though.
this is clearly not true.

when trott and cook scored a gorillian runs in the 10/11 ashes the aussie commentators waxed lyrical.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The douchebag in me wants to scream "karma" when this happens but I can't. It's really really ****** seeing sportsmen he get injured on the field... Deflates the atmosphere and takes much of the enjoyment out of proceedings. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

And then gets a few dozen catches dropped off him on comeback and quits cricket.
Mohammad Amir to Smith, no run, good length and viciously curves away outside off. Smith was searching for the inswinger. Beaten past the outside edge. Or not. Hotspot picks up a little white blotch. Snicko detects a spike. Sarfraz dives across to his right and takes it. Faint edge, no appeal from Pakistan, they did not pick up the tickle.... They take a catch off Amir, but it all amounts to nothing.

Mohammad Amir to Handscomb, 1 run, edged and falls short of third slip. Length and slanted across off, the batsman hangs his bat out and gets away.

OS is RANDI's daemon. Which is different from Daemon, who is RANDI's voice of sanity.

uvelocity

International Coach
tricky with knees. i've seen afl players roll around and look like they've been shot, and then get back out there, and meanwhile the nastiest knee injury (the ACL, a clean rupture of it, tbf) is usually accompanied with nothing more than clutching the knee. people often get up and jog off after they've done one, lenny hayes finished a game with one, and then they're out for 12 months
Is there a quitting cw equivalent of this

Bijed

International Regular
The good thing is he has made them pay for the keeper's butter fingers. He is averaging @77 in day/niters so loves the pinkie.
I would argue that he hasn't played enough day/night tests to draw conclusions just yet (tbf he couldn't have played any more), but, yeah, full credit to him for making the most of his opportunities and just generally scoring loads of runs.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You really have to wonder about the ability of people to comprehend what others are saying.

TJB wasn't saying Smith hadn't had luck today, which he definitely did at times, he was going against the inference from Blocky that the Australian team have an endless supply of luck that flows from their pores and never ends, including winning all tosses and getting to pick the weather settings before the match like in FIFA.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Just watched the presser with Matt Renshaw. What a lovely young man he seems.

Warner has had a strange 2016, absolutely killing it the one day arena and decidedly average in tests.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Funnily enough, it used to be the other way with him not being as dominant in ODIs as he was in tests.
Yeah he went off the boil in Odis for quite a while but now it feels like he's not very secure when he bats in tests at all. Or maybe we've got too used to our batsmen getting out cheaply and stupidly so we now expect it

smash84

The Tiger King
So after Australia declare at 570/6, how much will Pakistan score in their 2 innings combined?

291?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
interesting thing about renshaw the comms highlighted is that he didn't follow the swinging ball

ie once a line to defend was picked he stayed on it which meant he looked like a **** playing and missing but meant he didn't really go fishin' outside off
Renshaw just so obviously has 'it' in my opinion.

Might not bear fruit right away, but I'll be pretty surprised if he's not opening for Australia in 5-6 years time.