• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Azhar Ali......well played.......now can we please up the scoring rate a bit?
No. Why?

If England bat the entire time, they win. Pakistan will have more than plenty of time to bowl them out. There is no logical reason to try to up the scoring rate by taking more risks.

Can you name one advantage of bowling faster?

Last edited:

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
:thumbup::thumbup:

And this is from a KP fan...

BTW a genuine question, do you think England should have Bell and KP in the team for the next two home series against West Indies and South Africa given the fact that neither of those two oppositions have a quality spinner and they would be playing at home?
Wouldn't be so sure about that. Bishoo and Tahir admittedly bowl too many bad balls, and thus neither could be classed as a top class spinner for now, but I think both have the potential, not only to trouble those two but to become quality Test spinners in due course.

The main reason KP and Bell are so clueless is that accurate spinners deprive them of scoring options and generally leave them psychologically on edge, so they eventually get out in all sorts of outlandish ways (just look at Bell's last couple of dismissals; he not only looks like a tailender against Ajmal, but objectively is worse than say Anderson against him; ditto for KP vs Rehman).

If I were the SA or WI skippers I would play them under the following firm instructions: "It's not variety, drift or flight that beats these guys, but accuracy. Just bowl your two stock balls religiously and on a sixpence. Do not drag any balls down leg side, give them anything short to cut or pull, or bowl any full tosses. (The odd half volley striving for a full length is acceptable and might even induce a mistake)". If I were the WI skipper I would also double up and play Naraine - who long-term has more potential - alongside Bishoo, with Rampaul and one other (whoever they reckon could most trouble these guys with both pace and movement off the pitch) as the seam attack.

As to your question I think that they both should be dropped and that whether the opposition have quality spinners or not should not come into it. The fact that they have two such liabilities in the team, who have not just slight weaknesses in certain conditions and against certain types of bowling, but become walking wickets under those parameters, makes a nonsense of England's openly-professed striving both to be the best in the here and now and to "leave a legacy".

The very idea of replacing these guys with the likes of Hildreth and Taylor seems to be taboo for some here, as if talk of replacing batsmen whose inadequacies have become plain for all to see is a joke. Let's wait to see the new guys bat before laughing. For me the biggest joke of all has been watching KP attempting to bat against Rehman and Bell attempting to bat against Ajmal. I can't remember anything like it since the days Cullinan vs Warne, and can't see how the new guys could possible do any worse.

Whether England will actually bite the bullet is another matter altogether.

Last edited:

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
What is all this talk about delcaring? It doesn't matter if England can't chase anything over 71. Pakistan needs to take this opportunity to ton up and boost their averages.... A ton for Misbah now....bloke hasn't scored a hundred in quite some time.
:laugh:
That's the name of the game these days. And I wouldn't begrudge Misbah for a second; he deserves that and more. The best skipper you've had since the living legend that Is Imran.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I assume you mean batting?

Agent answers it below.

the match will become more watchable
So you would have your team choose an inferior strategy because your team trying their best strategy in order to win 3-0 against the best team in the world is not watchable enough for you? :wacko:

Your call I suppose.

Flem274*

123/5
I assume you mean batting?

Agent answers it below.

the match will become more watchable
**** me it doesn't take some people long to become spoiled.

"Oooh look we're winning, but oh jeez winning is so boring. Do it in a way I can beat my chest and compare dicks at the urinal."

No ****ing wonder Pakistan were a side of idiot six hitters who couldn't see out a quality spell of bowling to save their lives a few years ago if this is the prevalent attitude.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

"Oooh look we're winning, but oh jeez winning is so boring. Do it in a way I can beat my chest and compare dicks at the urinal."

No ****ing wonder Pakistan were a side of idiot six hitters who couldn't see out a quality spell of bowling to save their lives a few years ago if this is the prevalent attitude.
Haha way to borrow a paragraph of my rant. :p

ganeshran

International Debutant
Ok now the game is out of england's reach. It would be the lowest total that a team has scored in the first innings and then managed to go on to win the match (in the post war era)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Haha, knew that was soon to be coming from someone, was expecting it to be Cribb though.

It's lunch on Day 3, you've just witnessed two great knocks and have all the time in the world to get a substantial lead and bowl England out, thus whitewashing the #1 team in the world. Appreciate it ffs!