• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
No that is exactly what should be done, New Zealand destined for world no.1, or is that win in Australia ancient history now?

This is pretty humbling there is no doubt about it and won't pretend there are not worrying signs for the rest of the series but at ths stage it is no more than one terrible performance.
:laugh: :thumbsup:

Flem274*

123/5
You're seriously saying they could repeat the dose against the current Aussie bowling attack? No Johnson and a vastly improved Siddle and HIlfenhaus, not to mention Pattinson and Cummins if fit? 3 innings wins?

Anyway we'll see next year.

No sour grapes. I couldn't be happier than seeing our preening drama queens get their asses handed over to them all over the place. I just don't think England are that good.
12 months is a long time in cricket, which is why judging the Ashes next year based on one game is itstl.

No that is exactly what should be done, New Zealand destined for world no.1, or is that win in Australia ancient history now?

This is pretty humbling there is no doubt about it and won't pretend there are not worrying signs for the rest of the series but at ths stage it is no more than one terrible performance.
Haha spot on.

Flem274*

123/5
You are actually talking big now, as if the last test series has any relevance? Lol.

That was a Pakistan team in utter disarray, you should factor that into your analysis.

What I was actually referring to is how certain many England fans were they were gonna score big in the second innings, and the first was just an aberration, no humility and clouded analysis, pak strangled England and induced bad strokes, please check the run rates of the first 15 overs of both innings, pak bowling was the biggest factor.
Spark is from Australia.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You're seriously saying they could repeat the dose against the current Aussie bowling attack? No Johnson and a vastly improved Siddle and HIlfenhaus, not to mention Pattinson and Cummins if fit? 3 innings wins?

Anyway we'll see next year.

No sour grapes. I couldn't be happier than seeing our preening drama queens get their asses handed over to them all over the place. I just don't think England are that good.
Look the Australian bowling attack is better no doubt..but the Australian batting line up is still pretty brittle. They have been collapsing pretty regularly for the last two years. Just because they haven't collapsed against India does not mean they are suddenly great.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Atleast India's poor performances came on pitches that had juice in them. This is a road
So much juice that Clarke, Cook, KP, Ponting et cetera made merry. India are 7 zip down in away tests, that's pathetic. Losing one test maybe not by an innings in a country you have never played a test in before isn't that bad in comparison, is it?

ganeshran

International Debutant
On CW most Indians root for Pakistan against England, and most Aussies root for England against India. :p

Guess some gloating over the summer would have contributed too.
There is a lot of support for Pakistan on ICF too. No one likes the class topper :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
So much juice that Clarke, Cook, KP, Ponting et cetera made merry. India are 7 zip down in away tests, that's pathetic. Losing one test maybe not by an innings in a country you have never played a test in before isn't that bad in comparison, is it?
Not caught much of the actual cricket down under, I take it?

ganeshran

International Debutant

My favorite team after India and Windies. Would be happy if Kiwis became number 1:)

ganeshran

International Debutant
The performance by India has been pathetic, I never said it wasnt. But the pitches in England and Australia had enough in them for the bowlers - its another thing that Indian bowlers werent able to exploit it.

This one however is a complete road.

Last edited: