• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I'd probably go as far to include Afghanistan/Ireland/Zimbabwe for proper ODI standard stats. But top 9 was easier and got rid of all the blokes from the minnows that have h4x stats

BeeGee

International Captain
Not surprising, this is the massive upside of Englands approach. This is a good NZ side on paper but we’re missing middle overs wicket taking pressure with lockie out of form.
That bowling attack was diabolical. If you're relying on Phillips to bowl 8 overs something ain't right.

Replace Ferg, Jamieson and Lister with Santner, Henry and Southee.
A better seam attack and a better spin attack. That would be my 1st choice WC lineup.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That bowling attack was diabolical. If you're relying on Phillips to bowl 8 overs something ain't right.

Replace Ferg, Jamieson and Lister with Santner, Henry and Southee.
A better seam attack and a better spin attack. That would be my 1st choice WC lineup.
So would you pick Ravindra ahead of both Neesham and Sodhi in the WC XI?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I really don't get that bowling attack aside from "gotta give these guys something in the name of fairness" OR figure out who is number 16 or 17 in line if one of the main 15 gets injured between now and the WC

Otherwise it was just an abysmal choice.

NZTailender

1.Devon Conway
2.Will Young
3.Kane Williamson
4.Daryll Mitchell
5.Tom Latham (WK)
6.Glenn Phillips
7.Mitchell Santner
8.Tim Southee
9.Matt Henry
10.Ish Sodhi
11.Trent Boult

2 spinners + Phillips & Williamson , 3 seamers + Mitchell and good batting depth till 9/10 👌
Mate the last time Williamson rolled his arm over corona was something you drank.

NZTailender

Is it a personal decision or something physical? Cause he's a very handy off spinner as good as Joe Root I reckon
He was unable to bowl for a while due to his action, which was then cleared. We haven't actually played that many odis since the world cup where he last bowled in an ODI. I'd say not wanting to aggravate his elbow issues would play a factor. Otherwise he's a great 7th or 8th bowling option. Often a golden arm. I had wondered if he'd be an option this WC but given he'll be touch and go to play I don't think they'll risk anything by asking him to send down a few overs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He was unable to bowl for a while due to his action, which was then cleared. We haven't actually played that many odis since the world cup where he last bowled in an ODI. I'd say not wanting to aggravate his elbow issues would play a factor. Otherwise he's a great 7th or 8th bowling option. Often a golden arm. I had wondered if he'd be an option this WC but given he'll be touch and go to play I don't think they'll risk anything by asking him to send down a few overs.
Also his action seems to deteriorate fast and why worry about him chucking

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ide rest stokes for the last games if roy is fit. He's already shown he can make runs and ide rather not risk his knee in what is essentially a dead rubber right before a WC.

Give Roy this game and the WC warm-ups to open and give malan a few knocks at 4. We already know malan can open fine.

Silver Silva

International Regular
Ide rest stokes for the last games if roy is fit. He's already shown he can make runs and ide rather not risk his knee in what is essentially a dead rubber right before a WC.

Give Roy this game and the WC warm-ups to open and give malan a few knocks at 4. We already know malan can open fine.
What a nice headache to have 💥

thundaboult

International Debutant
Struggle to think of when lockie has been in form
H was in form from 2017 to 2020. He is a good bowler. Still back him to come good world cup time. He didn't have the greatest of build ups to the 2019 wc getting smacked by india in home odis + ipl but turned it on in the wc.