• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
None of us are aware of what Gary Stead will do week to week, although we do know he doesn't like to do anything of any great endeavour or shake things up too much.

If I was to guess, I'd say Latham Conway Young Ravindra Mitchell Blundell Phillips Santner Ajaz O'Rourke Henry.
Southee not playing🤔🧐

Skyliner

International 12th Man
‘Head coach Gary Stead said that the discussions between him and Southee after the Sri Lanka series would remain private but acknowledged they were "delicate" and did concede that without Southee as captain it allowed greater flexibility in selection.’ 😳

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I feel like Southee will get the first test as a last chance saloon/hail mary, and if he doesn't take more than 1-2 wickets they'll "rest" him for the 2nd and 3rd tests

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excited to see Will O Rourke serious talent. Hoping to see Ben Sears play at some point in the series too.
Fitness permitting NZ's pace attack should be based around Henry, O'Rourke, Sears and Jamieson going forward. Maybe Smith too. But that depends how easily they can let go of Southee, and they haven't managed that so far.