• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Asked about Southee’s place in the selection picture, Latham referenced the fact that “he took seven wickets (in one innings)” in Bengaluru “the last time we toured there as a test team,” which sounds impressive until you realise that was 12 years ago – almost two years before Latham, now a seasoned veteran, even made his debut.

Where were you 12 years ago, people?
Class 3

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Apprehantly bumarh was named vice captain and harshit mayank prasidh and nitish were among reserves in nz series. Does that mean mayank and rana are in contention for bgt🤔🧐
Harshit most definitely is . Mayank is likely to be with the squad. Don't think BCCi will let him play Ranji Trophy to risk injury. He will play T20 cricket for the time being.

Looks like this is the pecking order as of now.
Bumrah
Siraj (on thin ice)
Akash
Shami (when fit he is no 2)
Harshit
Prasidh

All of these guys will be in squad for BGT.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Asked about Southee’s place in the selection picture, Latham referenced the fact that “he took seven wickets (in one innings)” in Bengaluru “the last time we toured there as a test team,” which sounds impressive until you realise that was 12 years ago – almost two years before Latham, now a seasoned veteran, even made his debut.

Class 10th

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Harshit most definitely is . Mayank is likely to be with the squad. Don't think BCCi will let him play Ranji Trophy to risk injury. He will play T20 cricket for the time being.

Looks like this is the pecking order as of now.
Bumrah
Siraj (on thin ice)
Akash
Shami (when fit he is no 2)
Harshit
Prasidh

All of these guys will be in squad for BGT.
Not really too keen on Prasidh currently..... Will prefer Mayank or someone else

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Not really too keen on Prasidh currently..... Will prefer Mayank or someone else
Prasidh was decentish in final stages of Duleep Trophy. Problem was always his attitude & lack of fast bowling mindset. He has everything otherwise. Height Pace Bounce.

In any case Harshit over him anyday of the week. More well rounded pacer with high pace and hit the deck skills.
Mayank is way too green at this level. Maybe test him out at A tour of Australia first.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Of course it would be. Daaah.

I see in a subsequent post you've upgraded Ajaz from shocking to good because you can't sustain your own argument against him. He is a good bowler and it was a world class performance. As long as NZ have him they have a slow bowling option.
Hopefully we gamble on Ish Sodhi (arriving for the 2nd test on) instead of Santner.

Our best attack is probably O'Rourke, Henry, Ajaz, Ish, Phillips

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Just going off Latham’s comments to Cricinfo it seems the team will be responding to their drubbing by Sri Lankan with a free wheeling attacking approach aka playing like headless chooks and throwing their wickets away. The licence to ‘have a go’ without fear (of consequences) will be liberating for the like of Blundell, out 3 times out of 4 reverse sweeping in Sri Lanka: now he can really pin his ears back and have a crack. Of course, you’re not really putting anyone under pressure with a freewheeling approach if you collapse in a heap.

‘"From my point of view it's about trying to continue doing the good stuff we've been doing, trying to put my spin on things," Latham said. "It's an exciting challenging going over to India and once we can go over there hopefully [we can] play with a bit of freedom, bit of no fear and try and take it to them. If we do that hopefully gives ourselves a good chance. I think in India we've seen teams that have done well out there in the past have been quite aggressive towards them, especially with the bat they've looked to play a few shots, but also put them under pressure which is really important over there rather than sitting and waiting for something to happen. We'll decide on how we want to play when we get over there, but guys have got plans around how they like to approach things and hopefully we can fine tune those."’

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

On CW, most likely...

Xix2565

International Regular
I honestly doubt anyone in the traveling reserves is going to get playing time, but if I had to choose, I'd be looking at one of Nitish or Harshit to come in. Prasidh at the very least is somewhat known, he just needs to be fit and ready and Mayank is really new and isn't really filling the role India need in the side. Nitish if I had to choose.