• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And the great cricketing contraction continues & it seems no commentators around the world ever pick up on it ..........I'm talking about how Vettori's is actually less effective with the ball when pitches break up on the 4th & 5th days. I know he generally beats batsmen with in the air with flight & changes of pace which takes the pitch out of the equation to to an extent, but it still doesn't explain why he's so much worse in the 2nd innings. Somebody put his stats since 2008 up the other day and he was averaging around 27 first innings & close to 40 second :wacko:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And the great cricketing contraction continues & it seems no commentators around the world ever pick up on it ..........I'm talking about how Vettori's is actually less effective with the ball when pitches break up on the 4th & 5th days. I know he generally beats batsmen with in the air with flight & changes of pace which takes the pitch out of the equation to to an extent, but it still doesn't explain why he's so much worse in the 2nd innings. Somebody put his stats since 2008 up the other day and he was averaging around 27 first innings & close to 40 second :wacko:
My best guesses would be:

1. He bowls a bit differently in the second innings of matches and tries to focus more on turn, but just isn't very good at it.
2. Batsmen play him differently in the second innings as they view him as a major threat.
3. A mixture of #1 and #2.

Athlai

Not Terrible
My best guesses would be:

1. He bowls a bit differently in the second innings of matches and tries to focus more on turn, but just isn't very good at it.
2. Batsmen play him differently in the second innings as they view him as a major threat.
3. A mixture of #1 and #2.
#4 NZ have usually lost the match in the first innings against the top 8 teams and they just lol at his non-turning slow left armers.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So197 runs needed in two sessions with7 wickets in hand. NZ should get through 60 overs. So the run rate shouldn't be an issue if Taylor stays in.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huge hour coming up after lunch for both sides. Could be a great finish, hope it is. Have no real preferred winner as i like both sides, just hope it is a good finish and not a huge anti climax.

Howe_zat

Audio File
For a team like Zimbabwe in a chase like this, they'll never really be able to get ahead of the game until the final hour. They just won't have lost it yet.

Taylor needs to be there at tea, along with one of Taibu or Waller. Otherwise it's not happening.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Nah Taibu is making him look much better than he is. Williamson is by far a better "bowler".
I am starting to prefer guptil - less kack deliveries. Williamson gives it more of a rip.

As for Vettori - he is a flake in the 4th inning. No purpose to his bowling and in this match no spin. the mighty patel looks more threatening.

If we could sub vettori off for the 4th inning for someone else it would be worth it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Whatever happens it is clear that Zim have more potentially decent cricketers than Bangladesh at present. Helped enormously by having 2 decent pacemen (1 missing this game anyway) who will always keep them in matches. A bit of tweaking here and there to the side and Zim could be back to a similar sort of level they were in the days of Flower and Streak where they were a tough side to beat even if they didn't win that often.

Just wish Gary Ballance would jump in and play for them. Would add so much to this team.
Agree completely.
Zimb clearly have more potential than bangladesh despite all the recent turmoil. I just hope Icc injects some money into their cricket to facilitate their recovery. Currently they don't even have speed guns..

Oh i remember harbi sponsoring some zimb player when he toured there because he was shocked by the equipment that the guy was using..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The long tail really is starting to piss me off. There's no way Ncube is a better bowler than Meth or Lamb by enough distance to justify picking three #11s and a #10.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
This channel will be discontinued from Dishtv platform from 10-Nov-11.

WE GET IT ALREADY!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

WE GET IT ALREADY!
:laugh:

I know right. I made a post about it before. They might as well just discontinue it now as it's almost unwatchable.