• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Oh bugger, what was I on. Of course Aldridge is the better bat. :wacko:

Still, Bracewell and McKay batting ahead of Aldridge doesn't really say anything about team selection. Especially in a 13 a side (11 bat, 11 bowl) match.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Why did McKay bat but not bowl? I don't follow the logic. :huh:
Dunno. Maybe they consider him a certainty for the test and only wanted to see Bracewell, Aldridge and perhaps Patel compete for the other spot. Looking at the figures I'm not sure how much they would have learned from that. Martin and Vettori obviously needed a bowl before the test as well. Hope McKay doesn't have a niggle of any sort.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno. Maybe they consider him a certainty for the test and only wanted to see Bracewell, Aldridge and perhaps Patel compete for the other spot. Looking at the figures I'm not sure how much they would have learned from that. Martin and Vettori obviously needed a bowl before the test as well. Hope McKay doesn't have a niggle of any sort.
I initially thought it must've been a scoreboard error but it's on the Blackcaps site as well, so I would think it has to be legit.

Has to be an injury.

If they consider him a certainty, surely he needs to be bowling with a red ball? He's definitely the sort of guy who would be better the more he bowls. So I wouldn't think it's that - he'd bowl a few overs at least in that case.

Howsie

International Captain
Eh, Jesse Ryder is ridiculously injury prone, has he ever managed two series in a row since making his international debut?

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Jesse Ryder seems to be the Kiwi equivalent of Mike Gatting crossed with Flintoff. Fat and gets injured a lot but when he plays he tends to be quite good.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not cool. Jesse should not bowl any more - it's just not worth it.

If one or both of Southee and Ryder are still injured for Australia that will be a huge loss.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So McKay is unlikely to play as has a stomach bug :doctor:. For once in my life I'm hoping Jeets is not the sole remaining fit player to be left out.

The running injury/illness list has been the most exciting thing about this season to date:
Southee (though is returning to domestic cricket)
Mills
Ryder
McKay
O'Brien

I hope this is not going to be 'one of those seasons'.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Suppose it's the best time to lose them, against Zimbabwe (unless we get tipped up..)

Money on O'Brien playing before the season is out?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Longs odds on O'brien

Long Article about him in the paper wondering if the hamstring was career threatening.