• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
1 game after 2 and a half years is not enough to prove anything though.
well both pigeon & Warne came back after lenghty layoffs & took 5 for's & haven't looked back, ya never know the same may happen with Bond...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
1 game after 2 and a half years is not enough to prove anything though.
He would have played more than 1 game considering there are more matches than that in the tri series he is playing in :D

And then I quote your statement a few pages ago

marc71178 said:
There was no way they could've picked him at the time because he was unproven since his injury.

Had the game happened a couple of months later then he'd likely have been in there.
I wonder why you said that then!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
well both pigeon & Warne came back after lenghty layoffs & took 5 for's & haven't looked back, ya never know the same may happen with Bond...
Yes, but you also don't know what the next few games can hold.

The calls for him to return have come after 1 or 2 ODIs following a 30 month or so break.

shaka

International Regular
I would be worried about the state of Indian cricket if they are unable to thrash Zimbabwe in their clash.

shaka

International Regular
Good luck to them if they pull off that feat. I doubt they will struggle against the two left arm swing bowlers that opened up for India v NZ.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India needs to get rid of Dhoni. Did u guys see that shot he played? And we have people calling him the next Gilchrist. I mean, he could be the next Gilchrist, except that he can't bat or keep like him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
honestbharani said:
India needs to get rid of Dhoni. Did u guys see that shot he played? And we have people calling him the next Gilchrist. I mean, he could be the next Gilchrist, except that he can't bat or keep like him.
And his ears aren't as big. :sleep:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem for alot of Indian batsmen coming through is that they are feeding off military medium pace bowlers on flat pitches so when it comes to facing guys like Harmison, McGrath, Flintoff etc..they've got no chance.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe off to a good start, but their substitute is Vusi Sibanda. I knwo Wishart hasnt been in good form, but seriously, Sibanda shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath as Wishart.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Because he'd have had time to play a whole series and see how his body reacted?
If he was provisionally selected he would play a whole series and not just one match too. So I dont see a point you have on the arguement.