• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I love how close in our slip and gully fielders are.

Seems like such a no brainer, but very few teams seem to move in enough on pitches with little carry.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Boult needs to stop wasting his time with length. The ball is reverse swinging. Pitch it up. Who cares about half volleys, get it up there.

long hop

Cricket Spectator
I haven't had the chance to watch any cricket from the West Indies for a while? Could someone helpfully remind me if they are using a Duke's or Kookaburra ball?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's a custom-made Duke.

The Duke balls to be used have slightly different properties from those used in England.

They are brighter but have a less pronounced seam. The lacquer tends to be rubbed off quicker by the abrasive surfaces, bringing reverse swing into play far earlier than in other climes.

Wagner has been training with the balls to be used in the Caribbean.

"With the heat and humidity, you get a lot of sweat on your hands and have to try to keep the ball dry. [In 2012] we were experimenting, whereas now it's not something we'll be coming across for the first time," he said.

Sabina Park in Jamaica, venue for the first test early next month, is a venue Wagner likes.

He took three inexpensive wickets - indeed the other three seamers used in that match, Boult, Southee and Doug Bracewell all had decent figures - and hopes the pitch is similar this time.

"It was the only wicket where we got a bit of reverse swing and it seemed not as slow as the other grounds over there. It had some pace in it, not overly quick but a little bit of something. It's a ground I did enjoy, still tough work but we know how to prepare."

BeeGee

International Captain
On another day Southee would have had a pfeiffer by now. He has beaten the bat soooooo often.

Good partnership by these two. NZ need one more wicket to get the bowlers in.

Blocky

Banned
haha.. Southee bowls a pie and gets a wicket. Got to love that when you're bowling so well like he has today, great reverse swing.

So glad that Craig has out performed Sodhi here.

Howsie

International Captain
On another day Southee would have had a pfeiffer by now. He has beaten the bat soooooo often.
Couldn't believe how many times he went past Gayle's edge this morning, was ridiculous.

Hopefully with the ball reversing he can clean up the tail pretty quickly, Shillingford @ 11 today though by the looks of things and he was batting at eight during the NZ tour.

Blocky

Banned
I caught something a while ago where WW was comparing Bravo to Kohli? And trying to indicate that Williamson was a much lower level of player...? Hrm, All I can say is, Williamson wouldn't get out to Sodhi for a duck.