• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series was supposed to solve a couple of problems in the ODI batting for India, nothing more. The Yuvraj situation and the no.7 slot. The later is somewhat solved with both Ashwin and Yusuf looking decent. We have come to accept the fact that the bowling is going to be ****e anyway, have to strengthen the batting to compensate. And yeah, we are contenders for a quarter final spot and potentially the final as well, even if this series never happened.
An Indian club-spinner would look decent against this current NZ batting lineup in these conditions. Yusuf & Ashwin (to a lesser extent) will get murdered against a half-decent (and confident) batting line-up tbh.

Shri

Mr. Glass
An Indian club-spinner would look decent against this current NZ batting lineup in these conditions. Yusuf & Ashwin (to a lesser extent) will get murdered against a half-decent (and confident) batting line-up tbh.
Aaarrrgh! Was talking more about their batting ffs, read my post fully.:p

Zinzan

Aaarrrgh! Was talking more about their batting ffs, read my post fully.:p
Haha, I did read that part & had no problem with it :p hence why I quoted the bit I did want to dispute, that's how it works ..

vcs

Yusuf will get belted by in-form, confident batsmen (like any other part-timer) but Ashwin cannot be put in the same category as him. Could turn out to be a very useful ODI bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yusuf will get belted by in-form, confident batsmen (like any other part-timer) but Ashwin cannot be put in the same category as him. Could turn out to be a very useful ODI bowler.
Indeed. I honestly don't think Yusuf's any better than Yuvraj as an ODI bowler.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmy Franklin should not be in the test side at the moment or in the immediate future. All of the permutations to allow it require either ruining Williamson's career by batting him at 3 prematurely. Or batting Franklin himself at 3.
He is not a test match number 3 as he has a suspect technique that was shown up during the India test series a few years ago. So unless he has been working with a batting coach I would not give him another chance in a top 6 batting position. Franklin >>>> Hopkins it is true. But he is not going to set the world on fire in tests. He would be a respectable number 7 though.

The solution to our test batting line up was Myburgh -
But.... he's Jimmy.....

Look at him. Don't you just want to give him one more chance?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If we can chase 315 do this despite the best batsmen in our second string ODI batting line-up not clicking, It's time for me to have some faith in India's chances in the 2011 WC.
Why exactly?

If the players scoring the runs are in effect 2nd choice reserves they're not even going to be in the World Cup squad.

vcs

Why exactly?

If the players scoring the runs are in effect 2nd choice reserves they're not even going to be in the World Cup squad.
That's a good point actually. Part of me worries how Tendulkar and Sehwag will go when they come back in all of a sudden. There's always something to worry about!

kingkallis

International Coach
An outstanding innings from Yousuf Pathan. There is no way Ravindra Jadeja is going to make the World Cup squad now, surely. A word on Daniel Vettori : he was so graceful in the post-match presentation, hats off to the dude.

On a sidenote, is anyone else miffed at Ravi Shastri for speaking to Yousuf Pathan in English ?
I was!

The game was played in India and he could have easily asked him in Hindi.

Maybe the broadcasters dont allow them to conduct anything in any other language but English.

Blaze 18

Banned
I was!

The game was played in India and he could have easily asked him in Hindi.

Maybe the broadcasters dont allow them to conduct anything in any other language but English.
Even if that was the case - I am quite sure it was not - he could have had someone translate it in English. I have seen Sri Lankans do it for Ajantha Mendis so it is not something unprecedented.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So all Indians understand hindi huh? 8-)
To that I will quote from an Indian movie - "Hindustani ke dil ko samjho. Hindi apne aap aa jayegi" which means understand Indians' hearts and you will know Hindi instantly.

Yes, we put such trashy dialogs in our movies and even release those movies all over the world :D