• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Athlai

Not Terrible
You'd have a hard time convincing me that Jamie How is a better option in this current team.
Maybe I'm blinded by the fact I've always quite rated Jamie How. Reckon he is a bit more comfortable at keeping the runs flowing as he builds partnerships than young Kane.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It continues to amaze me how Guptill continues to look a million dollars from ball 1, but invariably gets out in the 20s or 30s

Mike5181

International Captain
It continues to amaze me how Guptill continues to look a million dollars from ball 1, but invariably gets out in the 20s or 30s
He does look so darn good. Hopefully, we see a lot of this over longer periods of time at the crease. At times he looks like one of the most elegant players out there.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
He is better than W.Saha, in my opinion. I cannot fathom why Dinesh Karthik was not consisdered though, he played brilliantly in the Asia Cup final and is a superior batsman and keeper to both Saha and Patel.
Saha>DK in keeping. DK>* in batting. But how is Saha>Patel? His List A & T20 stats are apparently better it seems?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kumar to BB McCullum, no run, 79.0 mph, back of a length, McCullum stays in the crease and defends
Parthiv comes up to the stumps
Kumar to BB McCullum, FOUR, 99.9 mph, McCullum is off and running! Calculated risk, charges at PK, makes room, doesn't get hold of it, but goes ahead with the shot, with one hand over the covers field. What a way to get off the mark
Kumar to Guptill, 1 run, 74.1 mph, stays around off again, gets a thick inside edge that evades the stumps
Kumar to Guptill, no run, 76.7 mph, better line, around off, defended back to him
One of the slips comes out
Kumar to Guptill, FOUR, 67.1 mph, poor start from Praveen, but credit to Guptill for latching into those opportunities. PL tries the outswinger this time, but he starts too straight again, and Guptill directs it wide of midwicket again
Kumar to Guptill, FOUR, 76.4 mph, in swinger this time, too straight, and Guptill clips it away nicely through midwicket
Kumar to Guptill, 1 wide, starts off with a big wide down the leg side. looking for too much outswing perhaps
Lulz

Blaze 18

Banned
Saha>DK in keeping, hands down. DK>* in batting. But how is Saha>Patel? His List A & T20 stats are apparently better it seems?
Whose statistics are better ? I am sorry, I have no idea about their domestic statistics. From what I have seen, Dinesh Karthik is a much better option than W.Saha and Parthiv Patel, at least in ODI's.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Whose statistics are better ? I am sorry, I have no idea about their domestic statistics. From what I have seen, Dinesh Karthik is a much better option than W.Saha and Parthiv Patel, at least in ODI's.
Checked cricinfo. Apparently Saha averages in the lower 40's which ain't terrible, I guess? I saw Saha's keeping, he was pretty good behind the stumps. DK is talented but inconsistent imho.