• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hrmmm... I think some people are taking my post a little too literally.

For me, nothing beats the 1992 world cup for cricket nostalgia. We may have done alright in reaching the semis of other tournaments but in 1992 we beat every other top nation except Pakistan to do it! And then were narrowly beaten twice by a very good Pakistan side rather than limply capitulating as we did in subsequent tournaments.

It was also when I started watching cricket, which might have something to do with it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair points. 1999 was when I first got into cricket, so it's a special one for me. And we beat the tournament winners - in fact, Australia haven't lost many World Cup games since we beat them that day in Cardiff.

Mike5181

International Captain
Well they are paid professionals representing our country and they have lost something like eight games in a row or something? guess the stick they are getting is slightly justified.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mills and Southee at 10 and 11 would make for a truly awesome tail. Best in the world, IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mills and Southee at 10 and 11 would make for a truly awesome tail. Best in the world, IMO.
I see it as a serviceable top 5 with two of the big boys out. Two good number 7s = an okay number 6 and 7.
A gun 9-10-11 is there to balance out Hopkins batting 8.

7 bowling options too.

BeeGee

International Captain
How
Guptill
Taylor
Williamson
Styris
Franklin
Vettori
Hopkins
NcCullum
Mills
Southee

Gogogogogogogo
Why do you think Southee would be a better option than McKay? Southee is a very ordinary ODI bowler (av. 35, econ. 5.4). McKay took 4/62 in the first ODI and has done well so far in the 11 games he's played (av. 24, econ. 4.8). Sure, McKay had a bad last game, but so did Southee.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Has there ever in recent memory been a keeper that is as bad a batsman as Hopkins is?

Plus I think Mills should be above brother McCullum at the mo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why do you think Southee would be a better option than McKay? Southee is a very ordinary ODI bowler (av. 35, econ. 5.4). McKay took 4/62 in the first ODI and has done well so far in the 11 games he's played (av. 24, econ. 4.8). Sure, McKay had a bad last game, but so did Southee.
I think Southee is a better bowler than McKay frankly. Southee showed in his recent series here that he has developed as a limited overs bowler and I reckon we should back him. I don't mind McKay but he isn't my new ball bowler so he doesn't make it into my squad dynamic.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Has there ever in recent memory been a keeper that is as bad a batsman as Hopkins is?

Plus I think Mills should be above brother McCullum at the mo.
My lineup to be the one they put up on paper.

Mills to bat waaaay above NcCullum and Hopkins.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
McCullum in for How who is sick, but he's not keeping.

Franklin in for Southee.

Rather stupid imo

Howsie

International Captain
Heh, he's left out of the first game, brought on to bowl in the 25th over in the second game, and dropped for third game. FMD. Play him or send him back to New Zealand for some consistant cricket.