• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Will you bag him if he fails in his first few innings?
Give Hopkins the series I say - he may get his fifty next innings. I have predicted that he won't but who knows. Van Wyk is next cab off the rank for me.

James you are late into this debate - you have used the same logic as Strawman and myself that you can judge Hopkins effectiveness based in part on his limited overs performances. The argument against this was Hopkins has excellent FC numbers in the longer form of the game and should do well in tests.
I haven't been bagging him. I have been watching my words to describe him as he has only had two innings. I realise he could score 50 next time up. That said I havn't been defending him when he has been compared to a wet napkin. But I have been trying to avoid such comments myself :)

Howsie

International Captain
With the swing Martin's getting at the moment Southee really should be bowling at the other end instead of Vettori. To begin with anyway, even if it's only three or four overs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agree with the above, does Vettori think he can challenge Dravid early?

SS I'm considering sending the pic of that guy kissing you in the Paris under ground.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That dismissal of Tendulkar was very dissapointing by his standards. It reminded me of something I would do in a game.