• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I didn't think you needed to take wickets to bowl well in ODIs? :ph34r:
I said "you never do" where?

If you're defending a low score you will need to. The point is, though, you shouldn't be defending low scores.

The equation is always very different when bowling second anyway. If you're defending a big score your chances of bowling economically are slim; if you're defending a small one bowling economically is not enough.

Bowling first is when economy really counts. That's why the best bowling teams should and often do always field first.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I know he has just hit a 200 or something.. And Mark Ramprakash is nearing a hundred FC hundreds..
Exactly, and Mark Ramprakash is a superb batsman who just couldn't cut it early in his Test career. Bopara hasn't even had that much of an international career yet, so we won't know whether he will.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, just when we thought this game was drifting away from NZ, another gifted clip to mid-wicket gives them a chance again.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Goooooone.
Now bring back Southee, and keep Mills on.

No point saving them for the last 4 overs, if it gets to that stage then its already game over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a superb bit of fielding.

Someone has to get Collingwood for this game to be NZ's one feels.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aye, me too on first look, but HawkEye suggesting the shake of the head was fair noof, so well played Steve Davis.

Southee back on - this will be make-or-break one would think.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not quite, but England are very much favourites now. Only takes a single delivery to change that though.