• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Got to thinking it'd be kinda amusing in a poetic-justice sort of way if England raced to say 100 for 1 off 16 then the rain poured down. Wonder what those who were laughing at the previous game would have to say in that event.

Don't think it's all that likely but it's about to tip down with rain 70 miles south of Bristol, and the weather has come up from the south.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love it if a situation like that happened - not that I promote no results in favour of my team in any way whatsoever. :p It'd serve England right though for the situation in the second ODI.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Well England would have taken that at the start im sure. The only way we can really lose this is if we lose a number of wickets at the start, so its important we dont play too losely up top.
But saying that, i've also seen England get in trouble chasing low scores by batting far too defensively and letting the bowlers bowl at them on a nice comfertably line and length. So its important we keep the tempo up.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really well batted by Elliott and Mills. Really entertaining and well grafted at the beginning. Really like the look of Elliott. C'mon Kiwis. (FF)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thought Collingwood could have managed his bowlers better aswell by the way. Swann with only five was a crime.

England to make 180/2 off 35 overs before rain comes, New Zealand to claim they were robbed.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Elliott was great today, and bowled very well the other day. Looks completely different to the bloke with the same name we played in a Test earlier in the year.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought Collingwood could have managed his bowlers better aswell by the way. Swann with only five was a crime.
He was brought on too late, really, Wright was bowled before then despite being very poor by the standards of the other seamers. But I could kinda see why it was done.
England to make 180/2 off 35 overs before rain comes, New Zealand to claim they were robbed.
Needs to be less than 20 overs for a n\r Nath. As I-hI mentioned earlier.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
While I'm on a roll - this hasn't been a very fun tour in all honesty. I suppose a lot of it has to do with the one-sidedness of the matches, but none of the players have really ever looked happy and the commentary has been really serious. Someone crack a joke or enjoy playing cricket for your country frbs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well England would have taken that at the start im sure. The only way we can really lose this is if we lose a number of wickets at the start, so its important we dont play too losely up top.
But saying that, i've also seen England get in trouble chasing low scores by batting far too defensively and letting the bowlers bowl at them on a nice comfertably line and length. So its important we keep the tempo up.
Basically if they pick an approach and it works, it was the right one, if they pick an approach and it doesn't, it was the wrong one.

TBH, England's batsmen need to play each ball on its merits. Interestingly, there IS drizzle in the air. But Bell off-the-mark 1st ball of the innings.

Mills must swing this ball for NZ to have a chance. Far too leg-side and short so far.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wright, Mark Gillespie. This'll be interesting, either way.

Bell plays-and-misses at Gillespie's first 2 deliveries.