• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yeah no-one is saying that this BCs side is No. 1 just yet. We'll have to beat Australia before we can earn the right to even talk about maybe being second.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Noone has claimed that this team is better than South Africa or Australia.

Many have said this side is as good as India.

Do you think that that is going overboard?

It bet India at home, and has better results overseas than India does of late - does it not?
Meh. Compare yourselves to us when you're ranked 3rd :ph34r:

#iccrankings

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think NZ might be better at cricket than China, but fear I may be an innocent victim of nationalistic hubris for which I can only apologise.
Nah, you can't hide behind that, ****. You're a Namibian parrot from Essex; no room for Kiwi nationalistic hubris in there. You're just an evil NZ overrater!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apologies for not mentioning this at a more opportune time but I'd like to talk about Martin Guptill and how he managed to secure that opening spot for the next series by scoring some runs. Something I hadn't seen from Spudderford in a while. Great stuff from from the lad. Long may it continue.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Heef is one of the few people who would understand what I mean when I say the man playing Stannis Baratheon resembles Bruno Lawrence. He gets a free pass on any and all Shenanigans.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Apologies for not mentioning this at a more opportune time but I'd like to talk about Martin Guptill and how he managed to secure that opening spot for the next series by scoring some runs. Something I hadn't seen from Spudderford in a while. Great stuff from from the lad. Long may it continue.
Runs>Spuds

Something for the analysts to really think about.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heef is one of the few people who would understand what I mean when I say the man playing Stannis Baratheon resembles Bruno Lawrence. He gets a free pass on any and all Shenanigans.
You choose some odd topics for a NZ cricket thread, but I suspect the resemblance is due to the forehead size.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
If you think playing Pakistan in UAE and England in England (regardless if the fact that they are rebuilding) are only modest challenges, I have to disagree. It's like sa and Australia are the only real challenges out there. They're the two strongest teams but for a non SC team to draw a series in UAE is no joke.
Of nzls seven unbeaten series one was against bang. Two were against the windies. Two were at home against notoriously poor travellers in Sri lanka and India. None of those strike me as being particularly tough challenges. Even so nZl didn't totally dominate - they failed to beat Bangladesh and only really edged india.

Their series against England was a tougher challenge but again you would be hard pressed to call iit a formidable one. England are clearly in rebuilding mode and furthermore nzl were quite well versed in English conditions. Seven of their guys were in the squad that had played in England just two years back. Given this and the position they were in in the first test they really should have come away with a series win.

Pakistan in the Uae was certainly their toughest challenge and yes I concede calling this modest was wrong on my part. But on the whole you'd have say they haven't really faced the toughest of circumstances.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
It's always seemed to me that Bell lacks a bit of self-belief. With all their entourage of coaches, nutritionists, analysts etc England really ought to employ a decent hypnotist
That would be awesome. He could hypnotize Bell into thinking he's a chicken every time he here's the word "over". It would make the break between overs so much more entertaining.

Of nzls seven unbeaten series one was against bang. Two were against the windies. Two were at home against notoriously poor travellers in Sri lanka and India. None of those strike me as being particularly tough challenges. Even so nZl didn't totally dominate - they failed to beat Bangladesh and only really edged india.

Their series against England was a tougher challenge but again you would be hard pressed to call iit a formidable one. England are clearly in rebuilding mode and furthermore nzl were quite well versed in English conditions. Seven of their guys were in the squad that had played in England just two years back. Given this and the position they were in in the first test they really should have come away with a series win.

Pakistan in the Uae was certainly their toughest challenge and yes I concede calling this modest was wrong on my part. But on the whole you'd have say they haven't really faced the toughest of circumstances.
So If Australia fails to beat NZ at home at the end of the year does that mean that Australian cricket is in dire straits?

BeeGee

International Captain
Freakishly similar scores. Both on 106, nearly the same number of deliveries, same sixes, nearly the same fours.

Last edited: