• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Aritro

International Regular
I don’t mind Liton but he seems to be a bit selfish to be a team man. Miraz although was a giant in u19 level but I am not too sure that others would listen to him now in dressing room. We have no choice better than Shanto atm.
Yeah I like the idea of Miraz doing it. He has proven to be a disappointment as a test bowler so far though. I thought he'd have matured into being a world class offie by now but he's a long way off and still too reliant on the pitch. Needs to go up a level in his later 20s.

If we're assuming Shanto will keep batting like has in the last two tests, and not the way he did for 2-3 years before that then he might be the right choice*.

*based on this one game

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I like the idea of Miraz doing it. He has proven to be a disappointment as a test bowler so far though. I thought he'd have matured into being a world class offie by now but he's a long way off. Needs to go up a level in his later 20s.
Miraz didnt develop the ball that goes away from RH. His variation is very limited and his height does not give him any extra advantage to overcome. Either he’ll bowl straight or its gonna turn into RH (not massive). So he basically needs a minefield that he got in his first two series against England and Australia at home. He does not come into the team as first choice in away tests (outside Asia) so that leaves a question mark for giving him the captaincy.

Aritro

International Regular
Miraz didnt develop the ball that goes away from RH. His variation is very limited and his height does not give him any extra advantage to overcome. Either he’ll bowl straight or its gonna turn into RH (not massive). So he basically needs a minefield that he got in his first two series against England and Australia at home. He does not come into the team as first choice in away tests (outside Asia) so that leaves a question mark for giving him the captaincy.
He actually looked like a good holding bowler in recent SENWA tests, getting through a lot of miserly overs and allowing the quicks to rotate around him, but without ever looking like getting wickets.

Yeah he desperately needs a variation ball. I've been wanting to see Nayeem get another go for a while as well. He's the first big turner of the ball we've had in years, and someone who's capable of bowling a lot of jaffas. If he sorts out his tendency to bowl too many loose ones, we've got ourselves a player.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The spit thing was a creation as a result of covid; the rule has changed to penalize players from applying it to their (cricket) balls

cricman

International 12th Man
Yeah I like the idea of Miraz doing it. He has proven to be a disappointment as a test bowler so far though. I thought he'd have matured into being a world class offie by now but he's a long way off and still too reliant on the pitch. Needs to go up a level in his later 20s.

If we're assuming Shanto will keep batting like has in the last two tests, and not the way he did for 2-3 years before that then he might be the right choice*.

*based on this one game
Mehidy is going to take a 7fer if NZ second innings start any time after the first session tomorrow. I think this pitch is gonna hard to play on days 4 and 5. Sylhet isn't a traditional Mirpur low and slow wicket.

Shoriful bowled very well in the first innings.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
NZ boys must really be missing home, they really must be commended for the fight they are putting up in Bangladesh with no warm up games and straight into test cricket after the World Cup.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mehidy is going to take a 7fer if NZ second innings start any time after the first session tomorrow. I think this pitch is gonna hard to play on days 4 and 5. Sylhet isn't a traditional Mirpur low and slow wicket.

Shoriful bowled very well in the first innings.
Are you sure the pitch going to break up so much? It certainly played well in the third day and average turn was one degree less than second day. It could be that kind of pitch that just holds the cracks a bit longer. Anything is possible. Hard to predict.

King Kane

International Debutant
That wicket of Shanto keeps our slim hopes of a win alive but we need at least a few more wickets in this session.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
We have to keep it tight. They call GP a ‘part timer’ but he has proven adept at keeping the runs down, which should create a bit of pressure.