• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guys, you havent lost yet

In fact, all you have to do is knock the ball around and when you take the power-play (if you havent taken it - I havent been watching) up the ante slightly

Flem274*

123/5
Agree, who is the best replacement then? I would have to go Craig Cumming as he is over there and consistent as at the moment
Cumming is a domestic journeyman who is not much of an ODI player tbh. The good but annoying thing is its either been domestic journeymen or U-19s scoring all the runs. The valid "now" prospects, bar Broom, Fulton, and Guptill, haven't.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor needs to put the accelerator down if we want to win this. Isn't his fault the rest of the team has put all the pressure on him though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tough for NZ from here, they'll want to get ahead of the rate a bit while Hussey and Clarke are getting through their overs, given the short batting lineup.
I think these two need to be together and going well when we take the powerplay if we're going to have a chance.

If that happens I'd back us to get there reasonably comfortably. Big if though.

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
He is, but he's done really badly in ODIs so far.
Yeah, I just cannot find anyone else who stands out from Domestic Form as a straight batsmen apart from Sinclair - but he never converts it to international and is frustarting because he should. Cumming has been the next best in the State Shield

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cumming is a domestic journeyman who is not much of an ODI player tbh. The good but annoying thing is its either been domestic journeymen or U-19s scoring all the runs. The valid "now" prospects, bar Broom, Fulton, and Guptill, haven't.
Hay

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, I just cannot find anyone else who stands out from Domestic Form as a straight batsmen apart from Sinclair - but he never converts it to international and is frustarting because he should. Cumming has been the next best in the State Shield
Barring a young guy like Kane Williamson but he needs more years under him as Martin Crowe said. NOT OUT i think too

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apologies about the lack of knowledge about the wide law - literally never knew that it's nullified if anything gets on it no matter how wide it is

Learn something knew every day, even here :D

Athlai

Not Terrible
Apologies about the lack of knowledge about the wide law - literally never knew that it's nullified if anything gets on it no matter how wide it is

Haha it was a bit of a whoooosh moment.

_Ed_

Good on you for saying that.

Flem274*

123/5
Harsh on Patel who got hit for a few risky sixes which spiked his economy.

And even half a Fulton is better than Elliott In My Biased Anti-Elliott Opinion.
Corrected. :p

The current Fulton hurts, one of my favourite players but he looks so bad.

Jeez, this just gets better.

Broom to lead us to victory still.

_Ed_

How were both games sold out but tonight's attendance 4,000 lower than Friday?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Corrected. :p

The current Fulton hurts, one of my favourite players but he looks so bad.

Jeez, this just gets better.

Broom to lead us to victory still.
I'm not totally anti-Elliott, I think he's a great lower order option and the guy you'd want in your team if Oram gets injured. But some of you guys just make it seem like he's an actual batsman and an actual bowling option and it blows my mind.

Grant 'Jack of All Trades' Elliott for me.