• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Inbox is just strange and Fuller was being sarcastic.
Yes, I have learned to identify sarcasm; though thanks for the pointer ;)

I was more commenting on the overall opinion on Marsh. Most things I've read on here about him have been negative - a couple of exceptions though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't blame Bucknor for not giving that one. When there are two noises there has to be a bit of doubt there.

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anyone else notice when its not an australian edging it is a clear edge but a aussie does it and its delibrate and masterful? ala the edge over cover

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes, I have learned to identify sarcasm; though thanks for the pointer ;)

I was more commenting on the overall opinion on Marsh. Most things I've read on here about him have been negative - a couple of exceptions though.
He hasn't been having the best time of it for Western Australia this season so people were pushing for other candidates before the series against SA. Naturally, they kept doing so despite the fact that he performed well and looked good doing so. He's been rated more based on how he looks at the crease than a prolonged period of domestic run-scoring which will always irritate people. The fact that he was sent to India in the Test squad ground people's gears too (including mine) as his First Class record is decidedly modest and there are, realistically, quite a few better candidates for Tests ATM.

He's certainly done well for Australia in ODIs so far though and *most* people don't have any issue with selection in this format at the moment. Inbox being the notable exception - he tends to comment on it the most though, creating a further illusion of negativity.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably cancels out the Dussey dismissal.
Maybe, but McCullum is a pretty crucial part of our batting lineup, while what people are saying here suggests Dussey isn't quite that important.

And I still think there was a deflection there anyway. :ph34r: