• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke is bowling a really good spell here; I hope Ponting doesn't try and split his overs with White or Hussey. There's really no need to today.
Really is quite sad White would be looked at in that way. He should be good enough to be bowling regularly or not selected, I reckon. Honestly, if he's not being picked for his bowling AND batting, what exactly is he being picked for?

pup11

International Coach
Stupidity from McCullum
It depends on how you look at it tbh, McCullum having played 55 balls should have looked to bat for a longer period of time, but having said that had Clarke getting away with Vettoriesque bowling figures isn't helping New Zealand's cause either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really is quite sad White would be looked at in that way. He should be good enough to be bowling regularly or not selected, I reckon. Honestly, if he's not being picked for his bowling AND batting, what exactly is he being picked for?
His batting. It hasn't come off yet, obviously, but he's being picked to accelerate the innings in the last 15 overs. The amount of people who fail to see this astounds me.

Top_Cat

His batting. It hasn't come off yet, obviously, but he's being picked to accelerate the innings in the last 15 overs. The amount of people who fail to see this astounds me.
I understand the reason he got selected in the first place. I fail to understand the reason he's still there, is more my point.

inbox24

International Debutant
White on, just dire, why ruin a good day?

EDIT: No, this is a good decision for CA, higher total to chase, more cricket for everyone. Win win win.

pup11

International Coach
He has been assigned that role for a good 30 odd games now, but except once or twice, has made a meal of it most of the times, so its quite surprising that they keep presisting with him after all this while too.

Obviously selectors see him as a guy who can bowl too (which he clearly can't), so therefore don't know how he adds any value to the side.

EDIT: As i type this, White comes into the attack...*sigh*

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Taylor needs to take on White. If Taylor gets those legside sixes against white, it will be good for NZ runrate

Burgey

He has been assigned that role for a good 30 odd games now, but except once or twice, has made a meal of it most of the times, so its quite surprising that they keep presisting with him after all this while too.

Obviously selectors see him as a guy who can bowl too (which he clearly can't), so therefore don't know how he adds any value to the side.

EDIT: As i type this, White comes into the attack...*sigh*
And gets pongo-ed. Feel sorry for him tbh. I wonder if he's aware/ been told clearly what his role is.

Top_Cat

Taylor needs to take on White. If Taylor gets those legside sixes against white, it will be good for NZ runrate
Well picked!

Anyone hear that whooshing fart sound? That's the sound of the pressure being released.

EDIT:

29.3 White to Taylor, SIX, a googly gone terribly wrong as he flights it a lot more and Taylor picks it as he knocks the leather out of the ball in sending it soaring over fine leg for a single

What the...?

pup11

International Coach
Haddin is still doing it....

FFS, go and learn how to keep, this is truly ridiculous.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haddin with his gloves in front of the stumps again, and the umpires fail to pick it again....hmmm interesting.

pasag

RTDAS
Clarke really has been quality today, haven't seen him do this well in ODIs in ages.

White on the other hand - :laugh: