• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Vote Pedro

Cricket Spectator
Why aren't the commentators continuously saying, "if NZ picks up 4 quick wickets, they'll be right back in it."

That's all we heard when NZ were batting in the first 2 games.

pup11

International Coach
Needless shot that from Clarke at this stage, should have let Haddin do the hitting and he should have looked to bat through the 50 overs, anyways still a very good knock from him though, and good catch from Guptill.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why aren't the commentators continuously saying, "if NZ picks up 4 quick wickets, they'll be right back in it."

That's all we heard when NZ were batting in the first 2 games.
I would say it's because they haven't been told their cricket coverage goes outside Australia, but the truth is I think its because they really don't care what anyone else thinks

pasag

RTDAS
Game very far from over, we've been awful at finishing for some time plus our bowling looks very weak with Hilfenhaus still playing and no fifth bowler.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Needless shot that from Clarke at this stage, should have let Haddin do the hitting and he should have looked to bat through the 50 overs, anyways still a very good knock from him though, and good catch from Guptill.
Nah. I don't think you can really complain about Clarke's dismissal there. The ball was there to hit and it took a stunning (and reactionary) catch from Guptill to be the better of him. I, for once, cannot see any reason to criticise Clarke for that innings.

HeathDavisSpeed

I would say it's because they haven't been told their cricket coverage goes outside Australia, but the truth is I think its because they really don't care what anyone else thinks
Well, its certainly interesting that we're getting the Victoria Bush Fire newsflashes in NZ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BTW, how the **** can an Australian made show have "the greatest cast ever assembled"
The Way Mark Taylor, Michael Slater and Tony Greig have sold their souls and advertised Underbelly, the Farmer Wants A Wife etc. is disgusting.

Sure, do your job and say its good and coming up and a must see etc. But don't start whoring yourselves out as if you're scared Kerry Packer is going to come haunt you from the grave if you don't.

social

In the last odi, James Brayshaw went on for a while about how weak the Oz middle order looked without Symonds.

That claim was met with deathly slience from his co-commentators and eventually led to a change in subject

It's obvious that the commentators are under instructions not to rock the establishment boat and also to talk up the Aus team (not that they need much encouragement to do the latter) so that the local public dont switch off in despair

pup11

International Coach
Nah. I don't think you can really complain about Clarke's dismissal there. The ball was there to hit and it took a stunning (and reactionary) catch from Guptill to be the better of him. I, for once, cannot see any reason to criticise Clarke for that innings.
Yeah fair enough, just would have liked him to stay there longer and probably ton up, batted well enough to deserve a hundred imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, Elliott again. Vettori should make him open the bowling and bowl out his ten in a few games just to see if his stats even out or not IMO. :p