• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rained out Pearce Cup final means Taita go home with the Trophy - completing the full house of T20, OD and two-day trophies for the year. I couldn't tell you when (or even if) Taita have won the Pearce Cup before. Certainly not since the turn of the millennium (since which Easts dominated for the majority of that time - at least from 2002 to 2019). Last time Taita won the top grade in Wellington was (I think) 1991 when former Notts player Andy Pick took ~50 wickets, but I think that was pre-Pearce Cup.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Rained out Pearce Cup final means Taita go home with the Trophy - completing the full house of T20, OD and two-day trophies for the year. I couldn't tell you when (or even if) Taita have won the Pearce Cup before. Certainly not since the turn of the millennium (since which Easts dominated for the majority of that time - at least from 2002 to 2019). Last time Taita won the top grade in Wellington was (I think) 1991 when former Notts player Andy Pick took ~50 wickets, but I think that was pre-Pearce Cup.
Great to see the old club doing so well!

jcas0167

International Debutant
Argh, Heaphy run out on 56. Was hoping he could join Parkes, Abbas and Clarke in bringing up a maiden FC ton. Glad he got some runs though and that Will Clarke is playing this game too.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ya know, I think I've thought Harrison was someone else, maybe Hartshorm.

If he truly bats at 4, that's interesting. Because his bowling looks very good for someone batting at 4.

ataraxia

International Coach
Ya know, I think I've thought Harrison was someone else, maybe Hartshorm.

If he truly bats at 4, that's interesting. Because his bowling looks very good for someone batting at 4.
Yeah he does. AFAIK he was shoehorned into a white ball #7-who-rarely-bowls role à la Jamie Gibson but has come back as more of an unsuccessful bat this season.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I was out for a run earlier, I had a thought along the lines of "why isn't there an annual NZ Maori Cricket vs. NZ Pasifika Cricket match - preferably FC, but we all know it'd be 20:20.

Got back in, had been sent a link to the Wellington A vs. NZ Development scorecard and what do I see linked other than a Maori Schoolboys vs. Pasifika Schoolboys match. Excellent. Should have one of these at senior level: https://scoring.nzc.nz/?fbclid=IwAR...2d5173-4f4b-45e8-bded-a4ee992648c0|_scorecard

Very hard to know without a lot of research who'd be eligible for each team, but can we get an XI together made out of still-active FC/Hawke Cup cricketers? Obviously Sean Solia will be in the Pasifika team. Ma'ara Ave is Cook Island Māori, I believe so he could probably go in either team.

Boult and Dougie could play for the Māori team. Ben Wheeler is eligible too, but he hasn't played in a while (injured or retired?)
I see a post on Cricket Wellington's facebook page today announcing the line-up for a Wellington team to travel to Whāngarei over Easter weekend to compete in the very first national Māori men's cricket tournament.

The line-up is Jesse Tashkoff, Lachie Bailey, Ryan Jackson, Kaleb Gilhooly, Drew Macdonald, Henry McIntyre, Maximus Petrie, Mitch Scott, Nik Swain, Alex Thompson, Patrick White, Marco Muollo and Luke Boyadjian. Tashkoff will captain.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe with that sporting declaration they'll make a go of it tomorrow.
A bit artificial but this is happening. You wouldn't typically pick this weakened CD attack to bowl Auckland out for a final day wicket on an end-of-season wicket, but Auckland probably lack a little resolve to fight. So CD pip Canterbury for another title? Sadly we aren't getting highlight clips so I don't know what the wickets look like.

Also, Ray Toole is going to finish second top wicket taker of the season (would need 9 this innings to overtake Duffy). His bowling looks extremely similar to every other right arm military medium BUT OMG HE BOWLS WITH HIS LEFT ARM. I wonder if this might get him a sniff at an NZ spot at some stage - add 5km/h and you never know? South African born and has played for Essex too.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Canterbury must be pissed at this Akl effort. I thought Toole looked good in Super Smash and his FC record is pretty good. Great name too.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
5 wickets up for Toole. I wonder if he'll be a one season wonder or if this is the start of something bigger. Not so good in the first innings but the second dig has been impressive (I assume, given that we seem to have no coverage)