• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Greg Hay with a FC century. I'm sure it's been asked many times on here before but why did he get dropped for 4 years from domestic cricket for? I remember him trying his luck up here in Auckland for a season to no avail.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That acclaimed ND batting order failing to do the business 2nd time around.

Forecast looks dreadful for tomorrow in Whangarei though. ND may get out of jail.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Whats Hay like at playing spin? Just might be an outside chance as a reserve for the WI if we are to go by the colin munro method of selection

Flem274*

123/5
Good by Plunket Shield standards from what I've seen. PS spinners not a high standard though.

Slow wickets will suit him and that backlift, despite him loving the back foot. Less risk of being beaten for pace on the slower ones.

Probably still a few blokes ahead of him though.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Yeah played too few games for the double to have much of an impact. If your selectors didn't suck and he had played a full season so far it would be a different story though.

Still, the only middle order bat to really perform this season is franklin (lol) and maybe munro (lol) as well. Ryder pulling a ryder emptied the cupboard over night.

Flem274*

123/5
just begun watching Hay's doube. Pitch looks a bit nicer to bowl on than the scorecard suggests. Bennett the only real hype bowler fit and playing on either side though. Still, looks good enough for an Ellis 6/50 trollolol.

Flem274*

123/5
Filtered it to the battle between Hay and Bennett and it was a good one. When Bennett was in the channel he drew some plays and misses (there were also some good leaves) but Bennett kept ruining it by straying legside or trying to bounce Hay out.

I'm now pretty sold that bouncing Hay out is a waste of time. Just don't give the bloke anything on the back foot.

Hay played Bennett pretty well in his weird little way I guess considering Bennett bowled well enough.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Good battle going on at Dunedin. M Bracewell attempting to anchor the chase.

Otago need 50 with 2 wickets left and 20 odd overs,

Bracewell currently on 89* off 218 balls. But at one point he had 9* odd about 105 balls IIRC.

Bit of a strange innings.

Edit. Doh! They're trying to avoid innings defeat. Makes much more sense!

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Well done Gary Stead, and congrats to Canterbury.

Plunket Shield winners, all time is now:

Auckland 22
Wellington 20
Canterbury 17
Otago 13
CD 9
ND 8

Last edited: