• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I had a feeling Franklin would get out to Southee or Vettori - "Oh noes international bowlers".

/confirming-prejudices

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NT Broom c RJ Nicol b AM Ellis 28 (83) vs. Canterbury
NT Broom not out 34 (94) vs. Canterbury
NT Broom lbw b TS Nethula 28 (80) vs. CD

May not get another bat before the squad for Australia is decided... has he done enough?

Edit: Probably helps that neither Franklin or Nicol scored runs today

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Dire collapse from Wellington, but happy that Southee's in the wickets.

Lincoln typically a road too.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Boult said it was no longer swinging. Probably cause Southee bowled them all out. 7 fer. Sheeeeiiit.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Will be an interesting match report to read in the Direbirds Knights game. That is a heck of an attack they have.

In other news Nethula has his 5fer. Something in the Lincoln pitches?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
NT Broom c RJ Nicol b AM Ellis 28 (83) vs. Canterbury
NT Broom not out 34 (94) vs. Canterbury
NT Broom lbw b TS Nethula 28 (80) vs. CD

May not get another bat before the squad for Australia is decided... has he done enough?

Edit: Probably helps that neither Franklin or Nicol scored runs today
I'd have Franklin and Nicol well ahead of Broom. Franklin may not have scored runs today but he got a big hundred last week, and Nicol also got three figures.

Sounds like Auckland have the dropsies.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder what's going on with Kane - I checked a little while ago and he was 38 (40), and now he's apparently 38 (54).

Flem274*

123/5
Felt sorry for the Direbirds obvz.

Dean Robinson making his debut is gun. Nice to see another Taranaki rep playing first class.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'd have Franklin and Nicol well ahead of Broom. Franklin may not have scored runs today but he got a big hundred last week, and Nicol also got three figures.

Sounds like Auckland have the dropsies.
I'm undecided myself. Broom was unimpressive in the ODIs he had a while back. Nicol's technique probably better suited for ODIs (from what little I've seen of him). Like both Franklin and How but they have not taken their chances.

These twitter feeds are good. "Brownlie and Young have been xdestructive against anything short here and murdered the new ball. 309-4" It's somehow gratifying to hear that our current lower middle order is able to smack round Martin and Mills. Even if Young was lucky to be dropped a few times.

Wonder why McKay was Wellington's 4th bowler - especially when 2nd and 3rd are Franklin and Elliott!