• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
celtics vs knicks classic...monster offensive night from amare...but the better team won in the end...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
will he sit out the entire season after the thumb injury? that would be a big blow, if he is back in time for the playoffs, you shouldn't have an issue...in any case, the current bulls cannot get past the celtics, the heat or the magic in the playoffs with or without noah...so doesn't mean a whole lot in the overall picture...:ph34r:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nah just till March. We're definitely lacking a real wing shooter, you add that to this team and we're pretty close to being the best in the East IMO.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I just don't get why. Its hardly a upgrade at all, its actually pretty even. Nash to turn Gortat into an all-star.
They had to do something, their current squad was just not good enough to beat the celtics or the lakers in a 7 game series...that said agreed that it's not really an upgrade at all, arenas and all his baggage, Richardson and one of the most overrated players I have seen in turkoglu isn't anywhere near the answer...and this team also will lose against a healthy heat....hell even the bulls would fancy their chances against them now...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hmm...better than the celtics? Or the current avatar of the heat? I seriously doubt it....
Close to being the best, yes IMO. You add a reliable wing shooter who can play defense, like a Stephen Jackson, then all we're missing is some more scoring/size off the bench.

That said, our bench, as reliable as it has been, needs to get better. CJ Watson was a nice addition, but I'd kill to get Hinrich back right now. The guy just cannot run an offense and the team looks out of rhythm whenever he's calling the plays, following which the team has to rely on Rose to bail them out. I love Asik but he needs to figure the NBA out already. Perhaps with Noah out he'll get the minutes he desperately needs. Korver and Taj are teh awesome but it'd be nice if they'd learn not to pick up a foul a minute. I was hoping for James Johnson to have a break-out year this season, but I don't know if he ran over Thibodeau's cat or something because he gets no time on court whatsoever.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't reckon the Magic are finished trading tbh. They should be more productive offensively, but I can't imagine they'll leave it so Dwight's really only got a rookie as backup if he gets into foul trouble.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bass can play the 5 though, competently too. I'm not how it would swing against the Celtics or the Lakers but they'll be fine against everyone else. IMO they've improved considerably. J-Rich is at least equal to VC at this stage, and doesn't have a history of going missing in June. Gilbert has a horrible contract but he's still a million times better than what Rashard was putting out. It allows Bass to start at the 4 as well, making them much more solid inside until Dwight gets foul trouble.

It makes Q-Rich basically redundant now though which is interesting. He was playing horrible anyways so I'm not sure what they'll do with him. Hedo is a bad pickup IMO, but maybe Stan Van can get him back to what he was doing before. Overall I think they're much better talent-wise, I'm just not sure how it all fits together. I have a feeling Q-Rich + others may be packaged for a backup bigman at some stage if anyone is willing to bite.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm not sure how they'll line up though:

Jameer-Gilbert-J-Rich-Bass-Howard
Jameer-J-Rich-Hedo-Bass-Howard
Gilbert-J-Rich-Hedo-Bass-Howard

So many possibilities with their backcourt and wing options. Perhaps Hedo at the 4 if they want to stay with 4 shooters and Dwight in the centre. Hedo was hopeless at the 4 in Phoenix though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
howard is really the only player who defends on the team and if he gets in foul trouble, they are in big trouble against the better teams...and with gortat gone, the frontcourt is paper-thin outside of howard, bass being the only other decent big man...turkoglu is 6'10" but all he does is park himself on the perimeter and shoot 3s, usually at an abysmally low %....maybe they can trade for another big man but i still don't think they will get to the level of the celtics or the lakers...the celtics are just awesome, they have so much experience and depth and provided they stay healthy, i don't see anyone stopping them in the east...