• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What chance do we reckon Olivier Rioux has? I think any dude that tall is going to be a bit breaky breaky or stiff af

shortpitched713

International Captain
What chance do we reckon Olivier Rioux has? I think any dude that tall is going to be a bit breaky breaky or stiff af
Yeah, I rarely put much stock into any prospects over 7' 3"-4" max. It's just so hard to have a meaningful career not oershadowed by injury at that height, sorry to say.

shortpitched713

International Captain
J.J Reddick will coach the Lakers. The final piece in their championship puzzle, look out League!
I'll go on the record and say this will be a poor signing. Not because he's not a basketball smart guy, he definitely is. He is incredibly insightful in his podcast commentary, and is deep in Xs and Os of the game.

But he has no experience of coaching at something like NBA level. This decision gives me shades of the Gary Neville's Valencia manager hiring. Another great commentator, incredibly smart and insightful, but whether he has the actual management/coaching people skills to pull it off is another question all together.

The best coaches in NBA, as in football (Phil Jackson, Alex Ferguson) are man managers, not tacticians so he'll have a lot to prove.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll go on the record and say this will be a poor signing. Not because he's not a basketball smart guy, he definitely is. He is incredibly insightful in his podcast commentary, and is deep in Xs and Os of the game.

But he has no experience of coaching at something like NBA level. This decision gives me shades of the Gary Neville's Valencia manager hiring. Another great commentator, incredibly smart and insightful, but whether he has the actual management/coaching people skills to pull it off is another question all together.

The best coaches in NBA, as in football (Phil Jackson, Alex Ferguson) are man managers, not tacticians so he'll have a lot to prove.
I can see him becoming the latest mid-season sacrificial lamb, should the Lakers underwhelm.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Odd vibes from the draft with virtually everyone being underwhelmed

I am sure that there’s some good players but even the #1 pick is spoken about like a 2nd rounder in a normal draft

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Odd vibes from the draft with virtually everyone being underwhelmed

I am sure that there’s some good players but even the #1 pick is spoken about like a 2nd rounder in a normal draft
Best description I Have read is that this year's class is like 2013 sans a Giannis type prospect.