• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #37- India vs South Africa - November 5th - Kolkata

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is a finger spinner's pitch. We should have played Ashwin and rested Kuldeep. Would have helped us have some batting depth too.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he should have accelerated more but given our last 4 are #11s, you really cant count anything out. Those 4 cant even get the 1s that a regular batter can.
That's very conservative thinking for the 48th over though. 44th I can understand, but you have to at least try to accelerate at some point.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's very conservative thinking for the 48th over though. 44th I can understand, but you have to at least try to accelerate at some point.
Its not if you realize how bad those 4 are. But I get your point. Maybe they were sure 325 was more than enough.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he should have accelerated more but given our last 4 are #11s, you really cant count anything out. Those 4 cant even get the 1s that a regular batter can.
I don't think kohli was wrong to hold back in the 35-40 over range. But 45+ he should've gone a bit harder imo. After 47-48 particularly there's no risk of getting bowled out. Might as well go for a big one.

Anyway it was just a slightly #suboptimal innings, but still a very good one so no point criticizing it too much.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Exactly he is trying to defend saying 4 #11 were protected by looking for singles in 48th over. Indeed a great defense argument

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think kohli was wrong to hold back in the 35-40 over range. But 45+ he should've gone a bit harder imo. After 47-48 particularly there's no risk of getting bowled out. Might as well go for a big one.

Anyway it was just a slightly #suboptimal innings, but still a very good one so no pout criticizing it too much.
Yeah he was trying as well, so I guess its easier to give him a pass for this one. I do agree he should have accelerated a bit more.