• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #37- India vs South Africa - November 5th - Kolkata

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ball is old and dead now so hitting will be much harder and 5 fielders out.

He needed to hit over the top between overs 30 and 40 -when it was relatively easier to do.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not a pitch now where you can play shots and get away with it. Watch SKY fails here if he tries to go at it. Iyer and KL Rahul both tried to hit it out and looped it. No need for Kohli to go for the slog and India falling short of 300

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Ball is old and dead now so hitting will be much harder and 5 fielders out.

He needed to hit over the top between overs 30 and 40 -when it was relatively easier to do.
Showing intent isn't hard though. Rahul was just blocking even against the struggling shamsi. I bet SKY would've taken him to cleaners

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the difference has been that Virat has been trying and failing. Rahul did not seem to be even trying till the ball he got out. That is definitely unforgiveable.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can someone explain to me exactly what's happened here? Last thing I saw was the Gill wicket and at that point India looked nailed on for 350. How are they still only just past 250? Is the pitch really slow once the ball gets old?

Andyhere

International 12th Man
You are telling me Rahul couldn't score a boundary in 17 balls because scoring is tough? And SKY comes and connects right away, the difference? INTENT

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can someone explain to me exactly what's happened here? Last thing I saw was the Gill wicket and at that point India looked nailed on for 350. How are they still only just past 250? Is the pitch really slow once the ball gets old?
Pretty slow and tacky pitch tbh. RSA may well rue how loose they were in the first 10. Could well be the determining factor in the game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And one thing that should not be forgotten here is how good RSA's fielding has been. They have easily saved 20-25 runs IMO and that is just the actual runs they have saved. Shreyas, for example, was kept on strike by some good fielding for 2 of the 4 balls he dotted against Ngidi and that directly led to his dismissal.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
And one thing that should not be forgotten here is how good RSA's fielding has been. They have easily saved 20-25 runs IMO and that is just the actual runs they have saved. Shreyas, for example, was kept on strike by some good fielding for 2 of the 4 balls he dotted against Ngidi and that directly led to his dismissal.
Very good fielding by SA, every one fielded good except for shamsi!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There have been some tactically bad calls at the toss this tournament, but I reckon India batting first here is actually right up there.

Not because it gave them a worse chance of winning - the opposite is true - but because it really gave SA a chance to expel their chasing demons. Having SA going into a final against India without having actually won a single game batting second would be a great mind****. Might still happen but they've decreased the chances of it now.

EDIT: Actually they did beat Pak but they almost ****ed it up in a glorious fashion anyway.