• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 20 - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The need to rest Tait after his two-over spell just eases some of the pressure on SL, surely he can manage a couple more overs in his opening spell without it taking too much out of him.
Dont think they "need" to - just better off bowling him at full bore in 4 spells rather than 2

Tharanga gone, Tait back on?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't think anyone has ever taking more smoking catches than Steve Smith after 17 ODI's. It is freaky how often he is placed in the situation of having to make a ripping catch and he pulls it off.

Woodster

International Captain
Lee's got lucky there, short and wide should have flashed to the boundary but Tharanga failed to get on top it and Smith took an excellent catch. Timed his jump perfectly, and has looked very sharp in the field today, as have Australia on the whole. Trust me after watching England in the field in this tournament, these Australians look very sharp in comparison.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lee's got lucky there, short and wide should have flashed to the boundary but Tharanga failed to get on top it and Smith took an excellent catch. Timed his jump perfectly, and has looked very sharp in the field today, as have Australia on the whole. Trust me after watching England in the field in this tournament, these Australians look very sharp in comparison.
Our offside ring field is probably the best in the world tbh though. It's just stupidly strong even without Symonds.

Sylvester

State Captain
Well could say it evens out, Lee bowls a good one that would have gone straight to 2nd slip.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Dont think they "need" to - just better off bowling him at full bore in 4 spells rather than 2

Tharanga gone, Tait back on?
If they don't need to, it's a strange decision to take him out of the attack with SL on the back foot, the ball coming out beautifully for him, the SL captain (and best batsman) just finding his way, give him a couple more to try and make real inroads into SL's line-up.