• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #14- Australia vs Sri Lanka- October 16th-Lucknow- #BottomDwellers

Spark

Global Moderator
Fair to say the Aus team don't think much of the umpiring so far this tournament given some of these reactions

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looked down at the iPad while I was on a meeting and saw Warner raging like he'd just seen Joe Root in a nightclub.

He should be fined and Australia deducted points IMO :ph34r:

Gob

International Coach
Looked down at the iPad while I was on a meeting and saw Warner raging like he'd just seen Joe Root in a nightclub.

He should be fined and Australia deducted points IMO :ph34r:
Say the whole story now

What was Joe doing?

Spark

Global Moderator
Has Smith changed his trigger movement again? Feels really weird that he's getting so closed off to those balls and struggling to access the legside off middle stump.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah he's missed a hell of a lot of straight balls this year. Not even just swinging balls but nude straight balls.
Yeah it's the sort of thing bowlers always used to think they should be able to do to him with his technique, but he'd just suck them into getting milked into the leg side repeatedly for hours. Concerning that he's just... missing them so often.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's the sort of thing bowlers always used to think they should be able to do to him with his technique, but he'd just suck them into getting milked into the leg side repeatedly for hours. Concerning that he's just... missing them so often.
Far be from it for me to work out Smith's technique but it's almost like he's doing a version of "plant the foot down the line" and it's stopping him from being able to cleanly access balls on that line, which for him is more like a leg stump line would be for everyone else.

The Rabada one was even worse from a technical pov. He didn't get anywhere near that one.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah he's missed a hell of a lot of straight balls this year. Not even just swinging balls but nude straight balls.
Given his whole game was built on keeping out the straight ball, end could come faster than you think

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've never heard cricket described in such an ****** manner before.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given his whole game was built on keeping out the straight ball, end could come faster than you think
Tubby was on about not being surprised if he walked away sooner rather than later during the Ashes. He may have been on to something

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I never bought the "Smith in permanent decline" narrative before but if he keeps getting pinned LBW like that then I just might. Those are bad dismissals.