• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
As of now , the only bowler to have <25 average in all 3 formats. That is like a batsman averaging >50 in all 3 formats. Any way , he lacks longevity. Needs to play minimum 75 tests and maintain his high standards to enter that ATG category.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Some more Bumrah love.

Across all T20 world cups, he has taken 26 wickets at 14.30 and ER of 5.44.

Across all ODI world cups, he has taken 38 wickets at 19.57 and ER of 4.23.

His T20 WC ER would have looked ok in recent ODI world cups.

His ODI WC ER would have looked good in 90s WCs.

Unreal stats.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
As of now , the only bowler to have <25 average in all 3 formats. That is like a batsman averaging >50 in all 3 formats. Any way , he lacks longevity. Needs to play minimum 75 tests and maintain his high standards to enter that ATG category.
60 tests is enough

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lol. he's already at 36.
Exactly. It's taken him more than 6 years from debut to reach that point. If he continues to accumulate caps at the same rate he wouldn't reach 70 until he was 36 years old, and given his injury problems I'd eat my hat if he's still playing by the time he reaches that age.

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Exactly. It's taken him more than 6 years from debut to reach that point. If he continues to accumulate caps at the same rate he wouldn't reach 70 until he was 36 years old, and given his injury problems I'd eat my hat if he's still playing by the time he reaches that age.
talk was about 60.

and ind played just 4 matches in 2020.

ind play 30-32 (depending on wtc finals) matches till wtc 2027. if bumrah plays 60% (his rate till now) that's 18-20 and he is at 54-56.

till 2028 he's at 60 at age 34.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
He is not Akhtar or Bond; he is not riddled with injuries. He had one long term injury and came back from it even stronger. His injury issues are highly exaggerated for his bowling action.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He is not Akhtar or Bond; he is not riddled with injuries. He had one long term injury and came back from it even stronger. His injury issues are highly exaggerated for his bowling action.
Well, maybe, but as I say, I'll eat my hat if he plays 70 tests.