• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland ODI tour Of England : Sep 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
FYI, I just woke up and about to start my day. I don't give a **** about a corporate franchise league that's really not in the business of developing local Windies players.
Not Corporate for sure

WI never play as TEAM in most important Format >> test cricket
So they are far more behind in ranking

WICB doing good in their developing schem, ICC pay them enough.

2024 Jun 4-30 WI will hosting T20 WC so you better stop criticize your own country just like Rahul Gandhi doing same outside

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not Corporate for sure

WI never play as TEAM in most important Format >> test cricket
So they are far more behind in ranking

WICB doing good in their developing schem, ICC pay them enough.

2024 Jun 4-30 WI will hosting T20 WC so you better stop criticize your own country just like Rahul Gandhi doing same outside
No politics please

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I don't get why England can't have covers like they do in Sri Lanka, as per the below. So that once the rain stops the outfield doesn't need as long to dry as it takes.

Aidan11

I don't get why England can't have covers like they do in Sri Lanka, as per the below. So that once the rain stops the outfield doesn't need as long to dry as it takes.

Because it is more convenient to let the soil in the outfield absorb the rainwater. Covering the entire field and then collecting and disposing all the water from top of the covers is far more cumbersome.

Pinched from Hettonlass who nicked it from somewhere else. 😂 😂 😂 😂

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Because it is more convenient to let the soil in the outfield absorb the rainwater. Covering the entire field and then collecting and disposing all the water from top of the covers is far more cumbersome.

Pinched from Hettonlass who nicked it from somewhere else. 😂 😂 😂 😂
Surely the cost of the covers, few extra ground staff on international days and devices to clear the water. Is cheaper than refunds dished out for loss of play.

Not to mention of more benefit to English cricket if we get more play in international matches in England.

An Ashes win surely more important than the cost of extra covers etc.

Not shooting the messenger just whichever pleb in English cricket doesn't see the benefit in covering the outfield.

Yeoman

U19 Vice-Captain
This thread moved me to look up the brumbrella which used to cover a large part of Edgbaston. It was abandoned in 2001 as it was considered to make the pitch sweat too much.

Aidan11

This thread moved me to look up the brumbrella which used to cover a large part of Edgbaston. It was abandoned in 2001 as it was considered to make the pitch sweat too much.
And it killed the groundsman's cat.

G. S. Kohli

Jason Roy pull himself out from eng team vs Ireland as kohler-Cadmore included

Kohler-Cadmore has impressed across formats in his first season with Somerset, after leaving Yorkshire at the end of last summer. He averaged 34.92 with a strike rate of 160.32 as they won the Blast for the first time since 2005, and is also their second-highest run-scorer in the Championship.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Jason Roy pull himself out from eng team vs Ireland as kohler-Cadmore included

Kohler-Cadmore has impressed across formats in his first season with Somerset, after leaving Yorkshire at the end of last summer. He averaged 34.92 with a strike rate of 160.32 as they won the Blast for the first time since 2005, and is also their second-highest run-scorer in the Championship.
He should never be called up for England. Just like Joe Clarke. I wonder what the women's team thinks about it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Obviously they've been selected for their T20 achievements, but struggle to think of two ODI debutant bowlers with such thin bodies of List A work as George Scrimshaw (4 games, 4 wickets @ 37.5; ER 7.5) & Tom "J.R." Hartley (3 games, 1 wicket @ 167(!!!); ER 6.17).

Meanwhile the chap with the 57+ List A batting average from 60+ games predictably scores well. Who'da thunk it?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm by no means a liam dawson lover, and I get they're seeing this series as a look ahead 4 years time, but picking Hartley over Dawson maybe the ultimate kick in the balls.

I'm not against scrimshaw playing though, you kinda get what they see in him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Obviously they've been selected for their T20 achievements, but struggle to think of two ODI debutant bowlers with such thin bodies of List A work as George Scrimshaw (4 games, 4 wickets @ 37.5; ER 7.5) & Tom "J.R." Hartley (3 games, 1 wicket @ 167(!!!); ER 6.17).

Meanwhile the chap with the 57+ List A batting average from 60+ games predictably scores well. Who'da thunk it?
Gus Atkinson?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Must you embarrass me? :shy:

Nah, genuinely had no idea what his record was like, but he'd been talked up quite a bit beforehand so I assumed it must've been decent.
Tbf I think I took ‘thin’ slightly differently than you intended. He’d only played two List A games before making his ODI debut.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tbf I think I took ‘thin’ slightly differently than you intended. He’d only played two List A games before making his ODI debut.
Nah, I did mean it in the "scant/negligible" sense. I just assumed he'd played more.

Ali TT

International Regular
I'm by no means a liam dawson lover, and I get they're seeing this series as a look ahead 4 years time, but picking Hartley over Dawson maybe the ultimate kick in the balls.

I'm not against scrimshaw playing though, you kinda get what they see in him.
Can't agree, it cuts me to the bone that they've picked George Scrimshaw over Dawson.