• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Embarrassing stuff this. Not much better than the first innings. You've been shown by your number 11 that it's possible to bat sensibly on this pitch, and you've been given the platform to do so. Too many of the dismissals have just been the same old nothing shots we're used to at this point.
It's the lack of an intelligent game plan that galls when we play as badly as this. That has to reflect the coach, surely.

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Kicking myself I didn't go again today. If we look even remotely like winning by stumps I'd be so tempted to cancel my flight back home.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Probably more the vagaries of form, although it didn't help that he's had long-standing issues converting starts.
22 matches is a pretty long patch. tbf I was guessing to what extent that coincides with Root taking over the captaincy.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's lineup being so rubbish hasn't exactly hurt them too much in tests recently for the most part because they find a way to get out of trouble

Rankin is terrible btw

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
cricinfo seem confused about who's actually facing at present.

Anyway, we may see them attempting more of this before the 2nd new ball arrives in 10 overs time.

vcs

England's lineup being so rubbish hasn't exactly hurt them too much in tests recently for the most part because they find a way to get out of trouble

Rankin is terrible btw
They'll probably get to 180 and squeak out a 50 run win. Not sure whether to call this resilience or just papering over the cracks. Probably the latter, given what happened in the WI.

Uppercut

They'll probably get to 180 and squeak out a 50 run win. Not sure whether to call this resilience or just papering over the cracks. Probably the latter, given what happened in the WI.
They'd be doing really well to defend 180 tbh. Day 3 pitch.

vcs

Yeah 175-200 would be 50-50 IMO. Over 200 and you'd have to make England favorites. A 4th innings chase over 200 is never going to be easy.