• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

slippy888

International Captain
Wow great ending. Probably best not to have a drink after four perfect deliveries.
Why have the fine leg up considering Mohit is a medium fast bowler you are better of getting beaten via a cover drive or straight down the ground down a tickle down fine leg for 4

slippy888

International Captain
Well the Yorker is one of the hardest balls to bowl surely when he nailed 4 Yorkers he should have tried going for a wide Yorker when a 6 was required

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a segment (well actually a million segments) on him yesterday during the rain delay.

Where they were adding up random numbers and making it equal 7.
Calling it the year of 7

I don't really hate the guy...but the freaking worship of him is pure ****

Like, in the earlier matches, there was even a sign in the crowd that pleaded to Jadeja to lose his wicket just for them to see Dhoni come in and bat.
Do these people not understand cricket?

Oh wait, it's not real cricket.

thierry henry

International Coach
Obv I don't really follow the IPL but from being vaguely aware of it over the years, it really feels like various snazzy new star-studded and/or underdog teams look promising each year before invariably a boring team full of the same old farts somehow ends up winning it (CSK, MI)?

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
And just in spite of TH Dhoni vows to return for another season if his body allows...
Many great players have left at the peak of their careers. And they are remembered as greats. Next season for Dhoni might not be so successful. And it won't be as pleasant to leave... We'll see how it turns out. In any case, I wish success :)

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
Obv I don't really follow the IPL but from being vaguely aware of it over the years, it really feels like various snazzy new star-studded and/or underdog teams look promising each year before invariably a boring team full of the same old farts somehow ends up winning it (CSK, MI)?
:D
It's always like that! And that's what makes sport interesting, isn't it?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If dhoni's body hold's up I see nothing wrong with him playing next season. He made 110 runs @26 and a sr of 180 this season, and as others have mentioned is still a gun captain and solid WK. If he can continue to wack a few sixes at the back end every once in a while and make 100-200 runs at a high SR there's no reason he can't bat 7/8, especially with the impact sub rule. Finding a solid indian keeper would be a much harder job and they'de also need to find a captain. Stokes can't take it without rebalancing the current side and dropping an overseas player, and jadeja doesn't seem willing to. Maybe gaikwad could take the captaincy?

slippy888

International Captain
Kholi should take less money and go to Gujrat it will give him better chance off winning ipl, like money not a issue for him now he nearly earned over 50 million dollars from playing cricket