• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain

G. S. Kohli

CSK v SRH

29th Match

Today

7:30 PM?

?SRH's South African duo of Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen average close to 40 with a strike rate over 140 in T20 cricket since 2022

-? Ajinkya Rahane's powerplay strike rate of 222.22 is the best among all batters in this year's IPL (minimum 50 runs)

Above from
Cricbuzz
Below from
Cricinfo

✍Chepauk is staying true to reputation and assisting spin. Spinners have taken 16 wickets there this season with an economy of 8.13, while the fast bowlers have 11 wickets and an economy of 10.66.

✍CSK are the only IPL opponents against whom Mayank Agarwal has not scored a half-century in more than 10 innings.
In the last two IPL seasons, only Nitish Rana and Sanju Samson have more runs than Ruturaj Gaikwad's 235 against Sunrisers.

✍Tushar Deshpande has picked up five wickets in the last five overs this season, the second most by a fast bowler. However, his economy of 12.81 in this phase is the highest among bowlers to have bowled at least 30 balls.

?Bhuvneshwar Kumar has dismissed Ajinkya Rahane six times in 103 deliveries in the IPL, and only conceded 90 runs

Socerer 01

International Captain

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That second last boundary that brook hit wasn't even off a bad ball. Bowlers bowled a length ball that's hitting top of off and brook's just given himself room and smashed it for 4.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Klaasen was definitely willingly ensuring Jaddu could not catch that ball IMO. Why tf would you turn your back to a ball coming right at you instead of ducking or moving away?

Jaddu has every right to be incensed.

anil1405

International Captain
Sunrisers has a decent squad but the application in all departments is below par. Appointing Lara as head coach is a blunder considering his lack of experience.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pathirana as green as they come, but under the leadership of MS Dhoni, he's being given the kudos to bowl these tough overs...and he's excelling.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
CSK have put together a really good team this year. They have 3 quality spinners in Moeen-Jadeja-Santner/Theeshanka that can usually play together because 2+ of them bat and all bowl different things, 2 guys doing well at the death in deshpande and the malinga ripoff, a gun opening pair and batting down to #8/#9 with their #8 having 60 runs at an average of 60 and a SR of 210 after 5 games. When you bat that deep, have a solid top order and have the variety of spinners they have at chepauk your gonna be tough to beat, at home at least. They just need somoene who can apply more pressure at the top. Ideally theeshanka would do that and that's why he's starting over santner, but he's copped a bit of tap upfront so far.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
They bought Chahar for that and he has basically no-showed since his record breaking buy.
They paid 7 Crore or something for him at the mega auction didn't they? Shame he's only managed to string together 3 games in a season and a half since then. He's a better in every way shardul in whiteball when he's actually fit. Both are pretty crap at the death but chahar is much better with the new rock and he's a more consistent batsmen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah his fitness has been the issue. Its almost as if playing 50 over cricket has broken him a bit. Not good signs for a youngster. They work so much on their bodies but they forget the core of cricket, esp. bowling, is all about flexibility.

Socerer 01

International Captain
They paid 7 Crore or something for him at the mega auction didn't they? Shame he's only managed to string together 3 games in a season and a half since then. He's a better in every way shardul in whiteball when he's actually fit. Both are pretty crap at the death but chahar is much better with the new rock and he's a more consistent batsmen.
even worse, they paid twice that amount lol

big money signings seldom work for csk. i dont think they work on average for anyone

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
even worse, they paid twice that amount lol

big money signings seldom work for csk. i dont think they work on average for anyone
I feel like with the big money signings teams dont exactly know what to do with those players? Part of the reason maxwell sucked for so many seasons before RCB was teams just randomly shovelling him all over the order instead of just letting him bat 4 and giving him a consistent role there. Mumbai have done the same thing with green this season, across a 3 game span he's batted everywhere from 3 to 7 and bowled everywhere from the powerplay to the 19th over. Sunrisers have done a similiar thing with brook.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure whether I like the CSK team or not. It has a couple of my favourite players in it but I also have a largely irrational distate for Dhoni and Rayudu (and Stokes too, but at least he hasn't been playing). I love seeing older blokes play on for ages which has neutralised my hatred of Dhoni a bit.

Conway and Jadeja dominating in the last game did make me smile anyway.

G. S. Kohli

Cricbuzz
3.30 pm

Lucknow v Gujarat

?In their last encounter against GT, LSG were bowled out for 82 inside 14 overs.- KL Rahul vs Mohammed Shami in IPL: 18 balls, 13 runs, 2 dismissals- Avesh Khan has enjoyed success against Shubman Gill and Hardik Pandya, getting both the batters out twice

Cricinfo:
  • ?Super Giants have taken 19 wickets in the last five overs this season, the highest for any team. Their economy of 9.7 in this phase is the joint second-best in the league.

?Nicholas Pooran's strike rate of 63 against Rashid is the lowest for any batter in T20s who has faced at least 40 deliveries from Rashid