• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, wow. Hyderabad have fought back when the game looked gone.

This is hard to watch. All up to Uthappa now. Earn your ****ing money Robin!

ret

International Debutant
my take on the teams

B'lore ----> had a good run in the last few games but will they be able to sustain the momentum? they don't stand out enough but just did enough with bat and ball to be in. unless luck favors them I don't see them winning this one

Chennai ----> batting is pretty strong, bowling is weak. Jakarti bailed them out on a few occasions but they have to put [or be prepared to chase] on big totals

Delhi ----> most balanced team in the tourney, top 6 are settled while the bowlers are in decent form. can be dangerous with both the bat and the ball

Hy'dad ----> the Dark horses! the good thing abt them is that they have some awesome batters who can win it for them and couple of their good bowlers are in form

favs for me would be the winner of DD vs DC game!
finally B'lore's luck ran out .... Deccan's match-winners did the job in the end. Gibbs innings turned out to be the difference in the end, there was no one in B'lore's team to do a Gibbs today, while Deccan had bowlers to do a Kumble!

Congrats to DC, what a journey from zero in 2008 to hero in 2009!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Few points to note:

1) What a spectacle. I missed last year's final, but wow that was terrific to watch.
2) Ojha... what a star! Will be a terrific limited overs bowler. To bowl like that under pressure, huge!
3) Ross Taylor and especially Rahul Dravid... wtf? Van der Merwe too! Throwing your wicket away with stupid shots. Ugh
4) Robin Uthappa left his run way too late. No idea what he was thinking, and then he had no idea what he was doing in the last over. Should have let the 2nd last ball be a wide.
5) Hyderabad didn't drop one catch. Catches win matches (especially Harmeet Singh's!)

and lastly...

6) Feel so sorry for Kumble :(

Well done to Gilly and Hyderbad though. Good to see Southern India going strong :p