• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, I meant he seems to play every series between the two countries somehow, lol. I think except the 2013 series in India, he has played everyone of these from 2011?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sometimes forget just how great this bloke was

Richie under selling him at the end there saying "not many occasions when he's given them a half volley". No Richie, there were no occasions he gave them a half volley. Scientifically speaking every single delivery was on a perfect length. They all just did something slightly different after pitching.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Read that pucovski was up and walking around the dressing room/communicating with teammates an hour after the ball hit him and didn't need to go to hospital while the ambulance left without him. Unsure on how this kind of thing goes, especially with his injury history but he may be good to go when the first test rocks around.
Obviously not much of a comparison but I got badged a month or so ago. Felt fine for the rest of the day but was a wreck for the rest of the week afterwards

Last edited:

Gnske

Obviously not much of a comparison but I got badged a month or so ago. Felt fine for the rest of the day but was a wreck for the rest of the week afterwards
This instantly made me think about that Sam Harper article that came out after he got hit in the head by Lehmann's bat. Hopefully wasn't as hellish as this sounds.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/4a92a34140fcb6439d01eb445dfdfff6

Like imagine being a footballer and having your head smashed around as part of your job for decades.

Jarquis

Seb Gotch, who was flown to Adelaide to replace Harper in the game before South Australian captain Travis Head knocked back a Victorian request to sub him in
wac.

stephen

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This instantly made me think about that Sam Harper article that came out after he got hit in the head by Lehmann's bat. Hopefully wasn't as hellish as this sounds.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/4a92a34140fcb6439d01eb445dfdfff6

Like imagine being a footballer and having your head smashed around as part of your job for decades.
Mine was just a mild concussion but even then I still had trouble with balance, extreme headaches and fatigue. Hated it

aussie tragic

International Captain
So 11 of the Aus Test squad have gathered in Adelaide for a week of red ball practice before the first test.

1. Wade
2. Labuschagne
3. Smith
4. Head
5. Paine
6. Neser
7. Pattinson
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Given our lack of openers I could almost go with that team if we brought in Green (at #5) to replace Neser or Pattinson

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
So 11 of the Aus Test squad have gathered in Adelaide for a week of red ball practice before the first test.

1. Wade
2. Labuschagne
3. Smith
4. Head
5. Paine
6. Neser
7. Pattinson
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Given our lack of openers I could almost go with that team if we brought in Green (at #5) to replace Neser or Pattinson
I’m almost prepared to say that’s a ****in’ lot of bowlers there.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I’m almost prepared to say that’s a ****in’ lot of bowlers there.
Well that's the players in Adelaide until Abbott, Burns, Green and Swepson join after Aus A game.

Strange they haven't named replacements for the injured Warner and Pucovski as right now there are only 6 fit batsmen in the Test squad and I wouldn't play one of them (Burns obviously)

This implies they'll only come from the A squad so another Langer bat off awaits

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm still baffled by 2% of people not picking Smith in their lineup.
That's probably just troll votes but I could actually see there being 2% of the cricket viewing public who still bizarrely believes that Smith should have been de facto banned for life.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's probably just troll votes but I could actually see there being 2% of the cricket viewing public who still bizarrely believes that Smith should have been de facto banned for life.
Nah it's basically just troll votes for sure. There's also always going to be a certain amount of bot votes, people just picking randomly to see results etc. as well.

98% on a large internet poll like that is actually more than what I'd require to call something "effectively unanimous" tbh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe it's those who think Smith is a downhill skiier because most of his tons come in the first innings.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe it's those who think Smith is a downhill skiier because most of his tons come in the first innings.
Possibly but I really do still think there's a cadre of utter "That's Just Not What Australian Cricket Is" dead-enders out there. You still see them occasionally from time to time.