• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Dhoni retires after this series I would still have some respect left for him. He is a shameless arsehole if he carries on insisting playing until the WC

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India has to get MS Dhoni out of the team asap if they want to have any chance of winning the world cup. Past it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The worst thing about seeing an ATG out of their prime is seeing people who are actively enjoying it. Like, people revelling in a great man's failures. A man who has accomplished so much now being derided and mocked by keyboard warriors who feel some sense of glee by watching him suck.

Criticise, question, condemn, sure. But who could be happy after watching Dhoni bat like that? What does it say about someone who takes pleasure from what we just saw happen?
There are worse things that warm people's hearts, you know.

Borges

International Regular
So who should keep wickets? Karthik? Pant? Samson? Or should they just ask Rahul to try and do his best?

cnerd123

likes this
Pant's out with India A isn't he? Karthik's in the squad, draft him in for now, and start blooding Pant by next series.

We know this won't happen tho and MSD's going to be in the team in the WC

Shri

Mr. Glass
I find idiots here and their attempts to condense a 10,000 run ODI career down to a few lines adorably moronic.

"Take a few years stats out of his career and he's not good.."

"Did he make sachin, sehwag, yuvraj"? seriously, wtf does that even mean idiots?

Borges

International Regular
We know this won't happen tho and MSD's going to be in the team in the WC
I'm not so sure of that. I think they were, in their own clumsy way, trying to shield MSD from even more criticism.
Probably didn't want everyone to keep pissing on his 10,000 run parade, which already had become the dampest of damp squibs.

R!TTER

State Regular
I find idiots here and their attempts to condense a 10,000 run ODI career down to a few lines adorably moronic.

"Did he make sachin, sehwag, yuvraj"? seriously, wtf does that even mean idiots?
Figure it out genius! And most people are talking about recent years & his current (bad) form which has lasted a good 2+ years 8-)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sit Dhoni out, let him go out with dignity against Zim or BD, then retire him before the next WC.

Jack1

International Debutant

He’s only got that many as he’s played so many games and is mr not out with a low SR.

Anyway, people like you get personal and abusive yet try to take the moral high ground. Which I find very funny.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that Morgan's been given heaps of plaudits for opting to bat first, especially after so many pundits were trashing the decision.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
A bemusing thing about Dhoni's career, is that when he started, he had a high sr, and despite "big bats", T20, and people range hitting, his sr has been getting slower, not faster.

And before anyone says that is because he moved up the batting order, he has a higher SR batting high in the order (99 at #3, 95 at #4, but 88 at #5 and just 83 at #6 - spikes back to 96 at #7) than the middle of it.

This article demonstrates how Dhoni has been off the pace of late and wonder if it is the changing fielder rules to a point.

Why has Dhoni lost his one-day mojo? - ESPNcricinfo

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I just looked at list of fastest to 8000 runs list:
Records | One-Day Internationals | Batting records | Fastest to 8000 runs | ESPNcricinfo

For a lower order batsman he sits quite high. Higher than someone like Ponting (who coincidentally was another guy who had lot of ignorant **** heaped on him when he tailed off at the end of his career)
It is the SR to his peers that is the issue, not how many runs he scores, not whether he bats at 4, 5 or 6. But what he does when he's actually batting.

Kohli has been going faster than Dhoni in overs 31 to 50. So has Smith, so has Wade.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/19852213/why-dhoni-lost-one-day-mojo

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's common knowledge that Dhoni has been very ordinary since 2013 or so. See the post I was replying to to understand what I was trying to say.