• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Very disappointing to have fought hard all day and to just crumble at the end like this. That's why it's test cricket, you can lose a test in 45 minutes easily.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Ishant's back to his old haunts. I remember reading the scorecards when he cleaned in the WI in 2011, gaining the impression he was a much better bowler than he was at the time.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep I hate to harp on about it but that selection decision has really screwed us over here.
I don't know what to say man. They keep making **** selections time and time again.

A replacement for Keemo Paul should have been Raymon Reifer

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
So happy for Ishant, if he can end his career with a sub 30 average he would have done really well for us overall. Been amazing since 2014 onwards.

Beamer

I don't know what to say man. They keep making **** selections time and time again.

A replacement for Keemo Paul should have been Raymon Reifer
They really don't help themselves. It's hard to argue against people that accuse them of insularity when the likes of Brooks and Cummins have somehow made their way into the XI inspite of having at least 3 people in each position who deserve it more. Cummins even more so, at least Brooks has scored some runs here and there in A team cricket. Cummins has done nothing at all and can't bat.

Poor Rakheem.

Beamer

I see Ishant's back to his old haunts. I remember reading the scorecards when he cleaned in the WI in 2011, gaining the impression he was a much better bowler than he was at the time.
He's much improved. His dismissal of Shai Hope was typical of the rejuvenated Ishant. Admittedly he was gifted wickets by Kraigg, Chase and Hety today, but I have seen him bowl some excellent spells over the last few years so he deserves some easy wickets occasionally.

Beamer

I also have to say I am really not a fan of Floyd Reifer as a coach. We have a really good sample now with a whole World Cup, a tri series in Ireland and now the selection and make up of the Xi for this match. He really isn't impressive and the sooner they get a new coach the better.

Cricketing logic seems to be lacking. Brooks at 3? Hety at 7? Cummins playing? I have to say it reeks of Bajanism.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I also have to say I am really not a fan of Floyd Reifer as a coach. We have a really good sample now with a whole World Cup, a tri series in Ireland and now the selection and make up of the Xi for this match. He really isn't impressive and the sooner they get a new coach the better.

Cricketing logic seems to be lacking. Brooks at 3? Hety at 7? Cummins playing? I have to say it reeks of Bajanism.
If we drop them, they will go and play the Jofra Archer and Chris Jordan card :lol:

Beamer

Haha, yeah.

He's as ineffective as Rubel Hossain is in tests. Toothless m********r!!
Ha! His selection is a real head scratcher. I tried putting myself in Reifer and Holder's position to work out the logic behind it. All I have is they wanted an extra seamer regardless of personnel and that he is Bajan so they know him well.

Whereas Cornwall offers control, a 2nd innings weapon and lots of lower order runs. Just unreal.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Why is Oshane Thomas not playing? You'd think him, Gabriel and Roach in tandem would be a formidable pace attack. Then Holder and Corwall.

Hetmeyer needs to be dropped for being an idiot. He has so much talent, but always gets out in the most jawdroppingly irresponsible ways.

Kraigg Brathwaite continues to disappoint - at one point he looked like the next Chanderpaul or Cook - and Shane Dowrich is sorely missed.

Flem274*

123/5
Why is Oshane Thomas not playing? You'd think him, Gabriel and Roach in tandem would be a formidable pace attack. Then Holder and Corwall.

Hetmeyer needs to be dropped for being an idiot. He has so much talent, but always gets out in the most jawdroppingly irresponsible ways.

Kraigg Brathwaite continues to disappoint - at one point he looked like the next Chanderpaul or Cook - and Shane Dowrich is sorely missed.
thomas was blowing hard after a few overs in odi cricket, he needs to get fitter for tests. i will never trust gabriel either, he's the most likely bowler in world cricket to go into meltdown and bowl 120kph long hop no balls with zero warning.

roach is the bees knees, and holder an excellent allrounder. the attack definitely gets built around those two.

h_hurricane

So happy for Ishant, if he can end his career with a sub 30 average he would have done really well for us overall. Been amazing since 2014 onwards.
He will have to average sub 22 for 5 years to get to that. Chances are slim. All those years of being rubbish messed up that average.

Ishant till end of 2013 took 149 wickets at 38.81. Ever since then, 123 wickets at 27.74.

If he can get to sub 32 and take 400 wickets, history will treat him as a good bowler in the Zaheer-Srinath league and a notch below Kapil.